How to Uninstall FBdownloader – Safely Remove FBdownloader Virus
FBdownloader is a freeware which offers Facebook Photo download feature, however, FBdownloader comes with a bunch of annoying installation setting which will hijack your browser, change the homepage and default search.
FBdownloader default installation settings
FBdownloader has been identified by authority as a typical malware program. If your computer has FBdownloader installed, please follow the below instruction to remove FBdownloader and restore browser setting as soon as possible.
Normal procedure to uninstall FBdownloader
This is a manual uninstall solution, it required using Windows registry editor, if you are not familiar with operating Registry Editor, do remember to backup the registry first and follow the below instruction carefully.
- Click Start button, click Control Panel, go to Add/Remove program.
Note: Make sure to close FBdownloader before moving on to the next step.
- Locate FBdownloader in the Add/Remove program list, click Remove button.
- You will be asked “Do you really want to uninstall FBdownloader?”, click Yes to continue.
- Click Yes in the pop-up message to restore your previous browser setting.
- A few seconds later FBdownloader will be uninstalled successfully.
- Press Windows button on the keyboard and “R” key to open Run window.
- Type regedit in the Run commend window and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Click File menu and then click Export option.
- Follow the given instruction to backup the registry.
- Navigate the branch tree on the left hand of the registry editor.
- Delete the below registry keys if found.
HKU|S-1-5-21-299502267-287218729-1801674531-500\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache|C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\FBDownloader\DotNetCheck.exe
- After finish deleting registry leftovers, reboot your computer.
If you failed to restore the default setting of your browser (homepage, default search, etc), please follow the instruction here to manually restore your browser setting to previous status.
Automatic solution to remove FBdownloader
To completely uninstall FBdownloader, I would recommend you a much easier solution which is using Max Uninstaller. This powerful tool will help you remove FBdownloader completely within a few clicks without leaving any leftovers. Max Uninstaller is compatible with all Windows OS and work on removing 99% of the Windows applications.
Check out the video demonstration below and then follow the simple guide to completely remove FBdownloader with ease.
- Download Max Uninstaller, install it in your computer with ease.
- Launch MU, select FBdownloader in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After its done, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the default removal.
- Once the default removal is finished, click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button allow Max Uninstaller to scan over your computer and find out all the remains of FBdownloader.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’to remove all found leftovers
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal.