How to Perfectly Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 – Step-by-Step Guide
If you are looking for a internet protection mesure, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 could be one of the best choice, this software keeps your online activities safe from various malicious threats, However, there are massive complains about the uninstallation of Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 as many users is able to get it removed from their computer, if you are one of the users which is having trouble with uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, please refer to the below instruction.
Basically, you can have Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 uninstalled by both manual and automatic ways, you can adopt the proper solution according to your particular situation.
Step 1: Turn off Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 by clicking on the icon in the system tray at the bottom left of the screen, in the pull-up menu, select Exit option. You can also open Windows Task manager and go to the process tab, then disable the process named AVP.EXE.
Step 2: Uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 with its build-in uninstaller
There are 3 approaches to access to the Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 uninstaller,
1. Click Start button, go to Control Panel and then select Add/Remove program, highlight Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 in the program list and click the remove button
2. Go to Start > All Program > Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 > remove Kaspersky Internet Security 2013.
3. Open My computer, go to the directory as below, click the shortcut of remove Kaspersky Internet Security 2013.
All these three procedures would lead you to the below steps:
- Click Next button in the pop up wizard
- Uncheck all the objects in the list and click Next button.
- Click Remove button to start the removal.
- Wait a few minute to allow the removal finished
- Click “Yes” in the pop up window to restart your computer.
Step 3: Remove registry leftover
Keep in mind that the build-in uninstaller can only help you remove program files and folder, as well as part of the registry data, there are still some entries being left in the Windows registry, in order to avoid registry clogged up problems, these wasted entries should be delete asap.
- Click Start > Run
- Type in “regedit” in the run box and click OK to open registry editor.
- Click File > Export to create a registry backup
- After you done with the backup, navigate the registry branch tree to locate the below registry.
- Right click on the entry folder of “Kaspersky lab” and select “Delete” option in the menu.
- Restart your computer.
Automatic removal solution (recommended)
If you follow the above manual solution but somehow ran into errors and unable to proceed, we recommended you to use the award-winning software uninstaller tool – Max Uninstaller, this program can help you uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 or any other applications from your computer automatically and completely, if you simply want to save your time and energy on this removal, Max Uninstaller is also a good way to go.
Video demonstration – How to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 completely with Max Uninstaller
Step 1: Download Max Uninstaller here, install it in your computer.
Step 2:Open Max Uninstaller, select Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 in the right hand list, then click “Run Analysis”
Step 3: After all program files/folders and associated registry entries are scanned out. Click “Complete Uninstall” to start the Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 removal. Click “Yes” to confirm the action.
Step 4: Click NO to restart the computer later and move on to the next step of leftover removal.
Step 5: Click “Scan Leftovers”, and Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for program leftover.
Step 6: After the scan finish, click “Delete Leftovers” and “Yes” button to thoroughly remove all the leftovers.
Step 7: After the deletion, you will receive a message telling you that all Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 leftovers have been completely removed, click OK button to finish the removal.
Well, if everything goes fine, Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 should have now completely gone from your system
How to fix Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 cannot be installed error
Error message: “The selected folder or drive already contains files. The application cannot be installed”
Kaspersky users may ran into this type of error when trying to install Kaspersky Internet Security, this error is actually caused by the existing Kaspersky Lab installation folder in your computer, you can follow the below steps to delete the folder and resolve this error quickly.
- Click the Windows Start menu, and then select My computer (for Windows Vista/7 users, select “Computer”)
- Navigate to the Program Files folder of drive C:, by default, Kaspersky Internet Security will be install in this location, where you can find a folder named Kaspersky Lab inside.
- Right click on the Kaspersky Lab folder and select Delete
- Click Yes to delete the folder.
- Back to the desktop and right click on Windows Recycle Bin.
- Select Empty Recycle Bin.
- Try installing Kaspersky Internet Security again
If you installed Kaspersky Internet Security in other customized location, find out the Kaspersky Lab folder in that specific location and then delete it as instructed. Once you delete the folder, Kaspersky Internet Security should be installed successfully.