How to Uninstall ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall And All of Its Components
ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall is one of the best free Internet security solution in the market, not only it equips with Antivirus/Anti-spyware Engine to help you detect and remove threats with easy, it also comes with firewall which makes the protection even seamless, however, if the program gone corrupted or was not fully installed, you may find it hard to be removed from your computer, this may creates some troubles to users , without a complete removal, you will not be able to reinstall ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall or install other types of antivirus program in your computer, if you have such kind of trouble, follow the below instruction which would help you uninstall ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall thoroughly from your system.
How to uninstall it manually
If the ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall was installed properly, you can follow the below steps to get it removed manually.
Step 1: Turn off ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall program.
Do one of the following actions:
- Right click on the program icon in system tray, in the appeared menu, select Exist.
- Press the key of “Alt+Shift+Esc” together to open Windows Task Manager, click on the Process tab, select the process named “zatray.exe”, and then click the “End Process” button.
Step 2: Uninstall ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall by using Add/Remove program
- First click on the Start button of Windows.
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove program
- Select ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall in the program list.
- Click on the Remove button which locates on the right side.
- Then the uninstall wizard will be activated, click the “Uninstall” button to continue.
- Click YES in the appeared message box and the uninstall will be started.
- After the uninstall process complete, click Finish button.
- Click Yes in the appeared message box to restart your computer
Note: If you also installed the ZoneAlarm Security Toolbar along with the antivirus program, you can also find it listed in the add/remove program, to uninstall this toolbar, first select the program on the list, then click on the remove button and follow the onscreen instruction to finish the removal.
Step 3: Remove leftover files and folder
Keep in mind that the add/removal is unable to get all the files of ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall removed, you need to find them out and delete them on your own, here is how:
- Click Start button, and select Search
- Select “All files and folders”.
- In the search box, enter “ZoneAlarm”, and then click Search.
- Delete all the found files.
- Return to the Search window.
- Type in “Checkpoint” (the company name of ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall) and hit search.
- Delete the found folder.
Step 4: Delete registry leftovers
- From Start > Run
- Type in “regedit” and hit OK to Open Registry Editor.
- Click File menu, select Export to create a registry backup.
- Click “+” sign to navigate the registry branch tree and locate the entry folder related to ZoneAlarm program (refer to the below screenshot)
- Right click on the entry folder and select Delete.
- Close the registry editor and reboot the computer
Note: Registry backup is important before any modification is done in registry. If you are not familiar with the operation, do not attempt to do it unadvisedly, please leave it to the people who has enough computer expertise and experienced.
Uninstall ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall automatically
There are times ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall is unable to be uninstalled by using the above manual solution, if you are experiencing errors which makes you unable to do the removal, it is recommend to use Max Uninstaller to help you out, this professional software uninstaller could help you solve any uninstall problem and remove any application you want from the computer easily and completely. If you feel like the above manual steps is somehow troublesome to you, Max Uninstall is also a good tool to save your time and energy.
Video demonstration of uninstall ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall completely with Max Uninstaller
Step 1: Download Max Uninstaller here, install it in your computer.
Step 2:Open Max Uninstaller, select ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall in the right hand list, then click “Run Analysis”
Step 3: After all program files/folders and associated registry entries are scanned out. Click “Complete Uninstall” to start the ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall removal. Click “Yes” to confirm the action.
Step 4: After the normal removal complete, click “No” (do not click “Restart” button)
Step 5: Click “Scan Leftovers”, and Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for program leftover.
Step 6: The scan will be finished in a few seconds, click “Delete Leftovers” and “Yes” button to thoroughly remove all the leftovers.
Step 7: As you can see in the message, ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall has been completely removed from your system.
If you haven’t install Max Uninstaller yet, click the below button to download it on to your system.
Tips1: In the Max Uninstaller program list, you can see that ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall comes with many components including: ZoneAlarm antivirus, ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall, ZoneAlarm firewall, ZoneAlarm LTD toolbar, ZoneAlarm security, etc. At the beginning users may confuse about which one they should choose to uninstall, actually all you need is select the ‘ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall’ and perform the removal for one time, then Max Uninstaller will help you remove all the components related to ZoneAlarm once for all.
Tips2: Remember to select “NO” at step 4 to restart the computer later, otherwise Max Uninstaller will stop removing ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+Firewall, which will result in a incomplete removal.