Remove Defraggler Step by Step – Windows Removal Guides
We’re providing guides for you to correctly remove Defraggler on Windows PC. By performing every step listed, you shall be able to get the cleaning job done successfully.
Defraggler is a defragmentation utility which allows you to defragment individual/groups of files (in a folder) or an entire disk partition on your computer system either by your command or automatically on a schedule. It supports FAT32, NTFS, and exFAT.
Program’s official website: www.piriform.com/defraggler
Default installation directory: C:\Program Files\Defraggler
Program executable: defraggler.exe
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Defraggler\uninst.exe
Estimated size: 10.53 MB
During the installation, it may also install Google Chrome and Google Toolbar for you.
Just read on to see the specific removal steps and completely remove Defraggler along with the bundled programs.
Safely, Efficiently Remove Defraggler with Max Uninstaller
I figure you might expect an easier approach to remove Defraggler, as well as remove some other stubborn software & potentially unwanted programs, without worrying the different operations in different versions of Windows. Followed each serial number are the buttons you need to go through, and the description below is just for you to have a better understand of what you’re doing.
Step 1: Download & install Max Uninstaller.
Since it’s a small-sized tool, the installation would be finished within a minute.
Step 2: Run Analysis > Complete Uninstall.
Open Max Uninstaller, and you will see clearly what programs you’re having on the computer. Find & select Defraggler as your target, then click Run Analysis to scan for all the related files. > review the list, keep the items checked, and hit Complete Uninstall to confirm the removal.
Step 3: Scan Leftovers > Delete Leftovers.
Now you’re deleting its vestiges. Click Scan Leftovers when it turns to green, review the list of the vestiges to be deleted, keep them checked, and hit Delete Leftovers to completely remove Defraggler from your PC.
When it tells you Defraggler has be removed, click Back to Step1 and check whether it has gone. Then you can choose to remove the bundled program Google Chrome and Google Toolbar (which may have been installed along with Defraggler) by performing the same steps.
How it helps you remove Defraggler – Short Video Demonstration :
Manually Remove Defraggler Yourself
1. To smoothly conduct the removal process, you’d better log in the system as an Administrator, so that you won’t be asked for password permission all the way. In most cases we log in Windows as an Administrator at home as the default settings.
2. Right-click on Defraggler icon on the System Tray, and select Exit to close the program.
3. Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager, terminate related process by selecting it in the Processes tab and clicking End.
4. In the bottom-left screen of your screen, right-click the Start button and select Programs and Features, where you can see all the programs installed on the system.
5. In the program list, find & double-click Defraggler to activate its default uninstall wizard.
6. Follow the prompts to proceed with the removal, provide confirmation when it’s needed, then wait for the uninstall wizard to finish its job.
7. Hover your mouse in the bottom-right corner, then you see the charms bar. Click Search, enter “regedit” to open the Registry Editor.
8. You can choose to back up the whole Registry in case of any mistakes: on the navigator of the Registry Editor, click File > Export… to create a back-up (.reg file) of the whole Registry in case of any irretrievable mistake.
9. Navigate to the following folders and delete them:
10. Then on the navigator click Edit > Find…, type “Defraggler” in the box to find the related entries/keys, then delete them to completely remove Defraggler.
11. Reboot your computer to take effect. If the program doesn’t persist, then the removal is successful.
If you have better solutions to remove Defraggler, or there is any questions you need to ask about this subject, leave comments below to communicate with us and other visitors. We would like to provide the convenience as much as we can. 🙂
Defragment Hard Disk in Windows to Improve PC’s Performance
Without a Defragmentation tool, you can still defragment your hard disks on your own. Here are the steps to go through:
1. Type “Defragment” in the Search box on the taskbar, select Defragment and Optimize Drives in the result.
2. Under Status, select the disk you want to defragment.
3. Click Analyze. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confimation, type the password or provide confirmation.