Remove Norton Security 2019 – Uninstall Guide for Everyone
You might have heard about the Norton, of which there are several products with different features for users to choose. Today I’m writing solutions to completely remove Norton Security 2019, particularly towards Windows 7, 8 and 10. Just choose the one that fits your situation.
One of the annoying problem of antivirus products is that they are often hard to uninstall. That would be really frustrated when you need to uninstall it first before getting its latest version, because you might not be able to automatically update it after a long time of the last update. So in the following content, I’m giving you the correct steps to manually remove Norton Security 2019, then you can be sure you’re going the right direction.
Just don’t switch to another antivirus product so soon, because two of this kind cannot be compatible with each other on the same system. After the successful removal, you can totally feel free to install a new security program or just run your system without any protection…all your choice!
How to Remove Norton Security 2019 in a Regular Way
Contents below are different instructions for users of Windows 8 and Windows 10. Scroll over to find what’s proper for your machine. Please be sure not to delete the wrong target in Windows Registry, or other programs you need may malfunction after that.
Remove Norton Security 2019 on Windows 8
1. Double-click This PC on your desktop or in the Start menu, click on Control Panel.
2. In the new window, select Uninstall a program under the Programs section.
3. Likewise, in the currently installed programs list, locate Norton Security and double click it to start the removal. It will automatically finish the removal within a few minutes.
4. Hover your mouse pointer to the bottom right corner and stay. The charms bar will pop up. Type “regedit” in the search box and hit the Enter key.
5. In the Registry Editor window, find HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Norton, right click it and select “Delete” to fully remove Norton Security 2019.
6. Reboot your computer, and job is done : )
Remove Norton Security 2019 on Windows 10
1. Click the Start button in the bottom-left corner to open the menu, and select Settings.
2. Click System on the Settings menu, and select Apps & features from the left pane.
3. A list of all installed programs appears in the right pane. Choose Norton Security, and click the Uninstall button that shows up.
4. Click the Uninstall pop-up button to confirm, follow the prompts to proceed and wait for the process to finish.
5. Click the Start button again, type regedit in the box, and press Enter on your keyboard to open Registry Editor.
6. Then the Registry Editor will be presented with a new window. From the left pane in Registry Editor, drill down until you locate the registry key named Norton. Once found, right-click or tab-and-hold it and select Delete. You’ll be asked to confirm the key or value deletion request, whatever the message is, tap or click Yes to completely remove Norton Security 2019.
7. Reboot your computer to take effect.
Hope your trouble can be successfully eliminated this way. In case you are not interested in learning the specific uninstall process on Windows, we also prepare the following approach, which is to remove Norton Security 2019 by using a cleaning tool.
Save time to Remove Norton Security 2019
Instead of taking the path in Control Panel and Registry Editor, you can also attempt a shortcut to reach the final “destination”. Simply download a helper to manage the work for you in the background. All you are asked to do is clicking a few buttons to make it happen. These are steps:
1. Install Max Uninstaller of course.
2. Open the helper, locate and select the Norton Security icon, then click the green Run Analysis button on the left, as you can see in the image. Then check all the items belonging to the program and click the green Complete Uninstall button.
3. The next is exactly the Registry part – after it finishes the first part, click on Scan Leftovers, tick all items likewise, then click the green Delete Leftovers button to efficiently remove Norton Security 2019.
That’s the end of this article. Either of the methods shall work on your machine. If anything needs to be further discussed, leave your comments. For instructions on other stubborn programs’ removal, try to search for your target’s name on the site.
You may be wondering: I have read some articles on how to remove Avira product 2012 – 2015, do they also work on its 2016 version? Well, I’m not sure. There could be slight difference, and since you have found this one, just fell free to use it 😀
Other antivirus products people are attempt to uninstall: