How You Can Effecively Remove ScanGuard – Windows Removal
In need of solutions to remove ScanGuard completely from your PC? Hopefully this page can give you some extra help.
ScanGuard works as an antivirus software in Windows. If you want to switch to another security program, be sure to uninstall it first. Since two of them can’t live peacefully together in one system, you should never get more than one installed at the same time.
For any reason you’d like to remove ScanGuard, refer to the following guides. There are much knowledge you can use on the cleaning of other programs.
Step-by-Step Guide – Manually Remove ScanGuard
This part is about how to normally uninstall a program on your own. You can choose to perform this in Safe Mode, better with Networking in case you need to use the Internet for update or download. Then make sure you’re using the administrator account or you know the permission password for making changes.
1. Close the program and any other related process, you can access Task Manager (by continuously pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del) to end the processes it if necessary.
2. Click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner to open the Start menu, see if there is an uninstall option under SafeGuard, click it to start the first part of removal. If no, move to the next step.
3. Remove Safe Guard from Control Panel:
Right-click the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner to open the Start menu > select Control Panel > click Uninstall a program/Programs and features > when the window opens, scroll down to find SafeGuard in the list, double-click it to activate the uninstall wizard > follow the prompts to proceed with the removal.
Wait for the process to finish before closing all the open windows.
4. Now you get to remove its written entries, before which you can choose to backup the Registry first in case of any mistake.
(How to back up the registry: Open the Start menu and search for “regedit” > Locate and select the key you want to back up > On the navigator, click the File > Export > In the Save in box, select the location you want to save the copy to, then type a name for the copy > click “Save”.)
Hover your mouse pointer in the bottom-left corner until you see the charms bar on the right > type “regedit” in the search box to open Registry Editor (What is it?) > On the navigator, click Edit > Find… > Enter “ScanGuard” to check for possible remaining files (leftovers) > If found, delete it/them to completely remove ScanGuard.
5. Now you can reboot your computer to take effect. If this didn’t work on your system, continue your tour below and you will have a much easier solution.
Safely, Efficiently Remove ScanGuard
This is a small-sized professional Windows cleaning utility to easily remove ScanGuard. With this utility you don’t need to access this and that. Steps are simply as follows:
1. Click on the green download button here or visit the homepage to try out Max Uninstaller.
(When installing something, whatever the program is, I suggest putting on any other hard drives instead of the C: drive (system drive). Then when you have to re-install the system, things you previously installed would still be there, and you only need to repair their registry entries. At the meantime, C: drive space can be saved for better running performance.)
2. Double-click the desktop icon to open it, you will know what programs are currently installed on your PC. Find and select the ScanGuard icon, and press Run Analysis to scan all the related files.
(The tool will finish scanning the files of targeted program within a few seconds.)
3. In the list presented, tick all the items displayed belonging to the toolbar, and hit the Complete Uninstall button.
(Then it’s time to delete the related registry entries from your system.)
4. A window will show up telling you “Please wait while it initializes the uninstall process.”, after which press Scan Leftovers > and Delete Leftovers at last to completely remove ScanGuard.
(At last, you can click “Back to Step 1” to refresh the programs list, check whether the program has gone. Play the following video demonstration for a quick view of the whole process.)
Video Demonstration – Remove A Program by Using Max Uninstaller
Other instruction you might need: