Remove Vegas Pro 16 Suite – Full Removal Instruction
You can learn how to correctly remove Vegas Pro 16 Suite on this page. And there is other useful information you don’t want to miss, just take your time.
You probably have no idea where this program came from. PUPs like it often enter through the installers of other programs, such as freeware or installers from popular known programs that are not obtained from the officially approved sites. So whenever you want download an application, better go to the official website to avoid possible risks.
Now let’s see how to remove Vegas Pro 16 Suite in two different ways in the following content.
How Do I Manually Remove Vegas Pro 16 Suite In Windows?
There are several different operations to finally remove Vegas Pro 16 Suite, but I’m not going to waste your time on similar content. So in each step I will only provide one operation, plus some extra description, which is optional to read, for you to better understand. Here we go:
1. Log in your system with as Administrator or an account that has the administrative rights.
Uninstalling programs is considered as making changes on the system, so if you don’t have above-mentioned accounts, you will have to provide password/confirmation for permission.
2. Shut down Vegas Pro 16 Suite program.
If the program is running in the background during the removal, you may not achieve expected results. How to make sure it’s not running?
Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard to open the Task Manager — In the Applications tab, select QuickTime and click “End Task”. Then in the Processes tab, select the related ones and click “End Process”. The items may have similar names.
3. Remove Vegas Pro 16 Suite through Control Panel.
In the bottom-left corner of your screen, right-click the Windows logo to open the Start menu, then select “Programs and Features”, and you will see the list of currently installed programs. Find Vegas Pro 16 Suite and double-click it to start the removal.
4. Wait for the default uninstaller to finishes it job.
During the process you may be prompted which part it goes and asked for confirmation. If you’re asked whether to delete all the user data or something like that from the system, choose “Yes” to completely remove Vegas Pro 16 Suite.
You can choose to restart the computer right now or later, if prompted.
5. Remove Vegas Pro 16 Suite through Registry Editor.
A little heads-up: important system components can be found here, so DO NOT delete anything that isn’t supposed to be deleted. Don’t trust your tech savvy? Read How to back up the Registry in Windows.
In the bottom-left corner of your screen, click the Windows logo to open the Start menu (If you’re using Windows 8, hover your mouse in the bottom-right corner, and select “Search” on the charms bar), type “regedit” in the box and click the only result to open Registry Editor.
On the navigator of Registry Editor, select Edit > Find, then enter “QuickTime” to find the related file(s)/folder(s), right-click it(them) and select “Delete” to fully remove Vegas Pro 16 Suite from your PC.
6. Restart your computer to take effect.
Skip this if you have done it in Step 4. Now you can go back to Task Manager or Control Panel to check whether there is still anything related to Vegas Pro 16 Suite; if not, then the removal was successful.
In some steps of the above guide, which applies to Windows 7, I have also listed operations for Windows 8; for those I didn’t, they are basically the same in both versions.
An Easier Option to Remove Vegas Pro 16 Suite in Windows
1. Click the green download button on the page to download & install Max Uninstaller, then run it.
2. Find & select Vegas Pro 16 Suite in the Programs list, and click Run Analysis, a list of all the related files will be displayed > click Complete Uninstall and follow the prompts to proceed.
3. Click Scan Leftovers when the button turns to green. This is to scan for the program’s vestiges, which will also be displayed in a list. You can review the list for details, then click Delete Leftovers to remove Vegas Pro 16 Suite.
4. In the end, you can click Back to Step1 to fresh the program list, and check whether you have successfully eliminated your target.
Watch this short video demonstration to quickly know the process:
To check whether you’ve done the removal well, click “Back to Step1.” You will be brought back to the programs list, where you can see all the currently installed programs on the system. Vegas Pro 16 Suite should be gone by now, and you can try to uninstall other unwanted/needless programs by performing the same 3 steps above. 😀
For any advises you would like to share towards how to better remove Vegas Pro 16 Suite, let us know by leaving comments below. If you need to reinstall this program, download it from its official website to avoid getting viruses.