Ad-Aware Free Antivirus Uninstall Guide – How to Uninstall Ad-Aware Free Antivirus Completely
Lavasoft Ad-Aware Free Antivirus is developed to offer PC protection against malware, virus, spyware and other popular online threats. This product comes with 30-day free trial, if Ad-Aware Free Antivirus + does not meet your expectation, you may need to uninstall it from your computer, keep in mind that the removal must be thorough, otherwise it could prevent further installation of other security software.
If you don’t know how to do it completely, see the below Ad-Aware Free Antivirus uninstall tutorial.
Uninstall Ad-Aware Free Antivirus manually from Add/Remove program
Every program you installed in your computer should be listed in the Add/Remove program, if you want to remove a particular program, this is the place you can activate the build-in uninstaller.
- Click Start menu, and select Control Panel
- Click Add/Remove program.
- Click on Ad-Aware Antivirus and click the “Change” button.
- Click the Next button in the pop-up InstallShield window.
- Select “Remove” option and click “Next” button.
- Click Remove button to continue.
- You will be asked to keep personal setting and threat definitions, if you have no plan to reinstall the program, un-tick both of the option and click “Next” to start the removal.
- Wait for the removal process to be complete.
- Click Finish button and then click Yes in the next pop-up window to restart your computer.
- Ad-Aware Browsing Protection, Ad-Aware Security Toolbar are two program that installed along with Ad-Aware Free Antivirus. You can remove them using Add/Remove program just like the above steps.
- If you encounter uninstall errors, go check if you have turned off Ad-Aware Free Antivirus before you start the removal. You can right click on its icon on the system tray and click Exit option.
Then open Windows task manager by pressing “Alt + Ctrl + Del” key at the same time, disable all the related processes of Ad-Aware Free Antivirus, see the below screenshot.
Delete Ad-Aware Free Antivirus registry leftovers.
Even Ad-Aware Free Antivirus seems to have been removed successfully by using Add/Remove programs, there are still files been left in the registry, this is the key of a complete removal and required you to delete them with registry editor. Please follow the below steps:
- Go to Start – Run – type in regedit and click OK button.
- Navigate the registry key branch on the left side by using the “+” sign.
- Locate the below registry keys.
- Right click on it and select Delete.
- Close registry editor and restart your computer.
Note: In order to prevent problems caused by mistaken operation, we suggest you to backup the registry before any modification, see backup steps as follows:
- Open registry editor
- Click on file menu, and then select export.
- Select “All” in the export range section.
- Customize backup file name and select location to store it.
- Click save button to create the backup file.
Uninstall Ad-Aware Free Antivirus automatically with Max Uninstaller
The manual solution may be a little bit complicated, for a better and easier uninstall solution, we recommend you to use Max Uninstaller, it is a professionally design third party uninstaller software that could help you remove unwanted application completely and quickly. See the below video demon and steps of how easy can Max Uninstaller help you to uninstall Ad-Aware Free Antivirus thoroughly within a few clicks.
How to uninstall Ad-Aware Free Antivirus with Max Uninstaller – Video Demonstration
Step 1: Download Max Uninstaller here, install it in your computer.
Step 2:Open Max Uninstaller, select Ad-Aware Free Antivirus in the right hand list, then click “Run Analysis”
Step 3: After all program files/folders and associated registry entries are scanned out. Click “Complete Uninstall” to start the Ad-Aware Antivirus removal. Click “Yes” to confirm the action.
Step 4: Wait for the standard uninstall completed. Click “No” in the pop-up to restart your computer later. Click “Scan Leftovers”, and Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for program leftover.
Step 5: After the scan finish, click “Delete Leftovers” and “Yes” button to thoroughly remove all the leftovers.
Step 6: Max Uninstaller has now fully uninstalled Ad-Aware Free Antivirus related files and extensions. Click “OK” to finish, then reboot your system.
Now you can see that removing Ad-Aware Free from your computer is simple. However, sometimes the process is not as smooth as it may seem. Some related folders and files, and some registry entries were left behind and these leftovers will bring you trouble in the future if you cannot get rid of them completely. Hence, if you cannot uninstall Adobe AIR, it is highly recommended you to use a third party uninstall tool.
Max Uninstaller is one of the most reliable and powerful uninstallers, and we highly recommend this award-winning uninstall tool to you. If you cannot uninstall Ad-Aware Free with Windows Add or Remove Programs feature or you fail to remove it from your computer completely, try Max Uninstaller. And you don’t have to worry about those following-up problems when you cannot uninstall the programs thoroughly. The Force Uninstall function of Max Uninstaller will remove every unwanted hidden entry.
Having troubles in uninstalling Ad-Aware Free? Download Max Uninstaller to uninstall it instantly and get ready to be amazed by its excellent performance.