Uninstall avast! Internet Security – How to Uninstall avast Internet Security 7
Guides to Uninstall avast! Internet Security 7
“How to uninstall avast! Internet Security 7 completely?” You may ask this question for several times. It is not so hard as you might think to uninstall avast! Internet Security 7. avast! Internet Security 7 is published by Avast! company which offers the same malware protection as the standalone antivirus and adds firewall, spam filtering, and a sandbox visualization feature that will appeal to tech-savvy users. It represents a best-in-class solution for any Windows-based workstation. avast! Internet Security is one of the popular antivirus products in the market today, it is used by a number of PC users and it has been awarded the highest “Advanced+” rating following tests carried out by AV-Comparatives. Of course while your PC will be much safer with this program installed, sometimes you may want to remove Avast for various reasons, such as to conserve system memory in an underpowered machine. If you want to uninstall avast! Internet Security 7 but failed, please follow instructions in this article step by step.
Method One: Uninstall avast! Internet Security 7 with Windows Add/Remove Programs
avast! Internet Security 7 doesn’t has its own uninstall utilities. If you want to remove avast! Internet Security 7 from your system manually, you can follow this guide as below:
1. Click “Start” — “Control Panel” — “Add/Remove Programs”
2. Highlight avast! Internet Security 7 in the currently installed programs list and click “remove”
3. Please choose “Uninstall” option to start the removal.
4. Click “Yes” to ignore the warning message pops-up.
5. Follow the uninstall wizard and you would receive message like this:
Note: You should know that the Windows Add/Remove Programs is unable to delete or remove all leftovers of the programs especially the registry entries. What is Windows registry? Registry is a place in your computer which stores information required by the Windows. This information includes everything from expiry date of software as well as your personal theme settings. Windows create different profiles for each user on the same Windows. The types of documents and the installed hardware on the system retrieve data from the registry whenever they are called by the user directly or indirectly. If you always use Windows Add/Remove Programs to uninstall applications, you have to clean up the invalid and damaged registry keys on the system regularly. Because too much invalid or corrupted registry entries would absolutely slow down the whole PC performance and cause system errors on your PC. Sometimes, they even will crash the PC system. It is very necessary for you to delete leftovers and associated files of the programs every time you removed them.
How to Delete Registry Entries of avast! Internet Security 7?
Here are a part of registry keys of this software:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.avastsounds, Default – avastsoundsfile, Content Type – application/avast-sounds
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avastsoundsfile, Default – avast! soundpack file, BrowserFlags – 0×00000008 (8), EditFlags – 0×00010000 (65536)
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\avastsoundsfile\shell\open\command, Default – “C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswChLic.exe” “%1″
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVAST Software\Avast, Default – value not set, ListView_1115 – 66 01 00 00 4c 01 00 00 7a 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0…
Here is a list of 5 common registry hives:
1. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT – This hive stores all the information about applications that are installed in your PC.
2. HKEY_CURRENT_USER – This hive stores user-specific settings and configuration data.
3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE – This hive stores all the settings and configuration data that are general to all PC users.
4. HKEY_USERS – This hive stores individual settings and configuration data for each users of the computer in each sub keys.
5. HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG – This hive temporarily stores the entire boot up information which is only gathered and generated at the system boot time.
The following guide thoroughly explains how to manually delete invalid registry entries. We strongly recommend you backup your registry keys before deleting a part of them.
Additional Tips: How to Backup Windows Registry Keys?
1. Click on the Start button and navigate to Programs (All Programs) > Accessories > System Tools. Then click on the Backup entry. This will launch the Backup Utility. If there is no such entry, you will have to install the Backup Utility using your Windows installation disk.
2. Make sure the Backup Utility is in the wizard mode.
3. Press the Next button in the wizard’s window. Select the option Only back up the System State data. Then press Next.
Choose a place to save your backup, type a name for it and start the backup process by clicking on the Finish button. When the backup is completed, you will be presented with a report. Now click Close to exit the Backup Utility.
Follow the Guides to Delete Registry Keys of avast! Internet Security 7.
1. Click the “Start” button and choose the “Run” option. Type “regedit” in the “Open” field and click the “OK” button.
2. Ctrl+F and then type in Avast for searching out.
3. Select the value you want to edit, click the right mouse button on it and choose the “Delete” option.
You may feel it is quite hard for you to delete the reigstry folder of avast! Internet Security 7 by hand. If you are not a PC exepert or is not good at PC knowledge. I highly suggest you do not edit or delete any registry keys on the PC. Any little mistake of deleting registry keys would bring disaster to the computer. It is strongly recommended that you uninstall avast! Internet Security 7 with third party uninstaller which is able to help remove it completely.
How to Uninstall avast! Internet Security 7 Automatically?
Video Guides: Uninstall avast! Internet Security 7 via Max Uninstaller
You also can follow the contents as below step by step:
1. Download Max Uninstaller from here. (Size: 2.64 MB)
2. Please highlight avast! Internet Security 7 in the currently installed programs list & click “Run Analysis”
3. Click “Complete Uninstall” to remove the main executable file.
4. Choose the “Uninstall” option.
5. Click “Yes” to continue the removal.
6. Click “Scan Leftovers” to find out all registry entries and associated files of avast! Internet Security 7.
7. Finally, please delete all leftovers to remove avast! Internet Security 7 completely.
Max Uninstaller can not only uninstall avast! Internet Security 7 but also will help you remove other versions of avast.
avast! Online Scanner
avast! Linux Home Edition
avast! Free Antivirus for Mac
avast! Free Antivirus
Avast Pro Antivirus
Avast Mobile Security
avast! Business Protection
All of the avast products can be easily uninstalled with Max Uninstaller. Of course, the products registry folders would be installed in different location of your computer. If you want to remove them manually, you have to find and delete them one by one. It would waste your time so what you need to do is just to download Max Uninstaller then let it help you uninstall the programs. If you still have any questions about this uninstall tool, I highly suggest you contact the Max Uninstaller support team to ask for help. The customer service will guide you how to use Max Uninstaller to remove your unwanted Windows programs.