Remove Avast Pro Antivirus – Download Avast Pro Antivirus Perfect Uninstaller
Avast Pro Antivirus is a good defender for your computer to fight against malicious threats from the internet. In order to keep itself at the forefront of security communites, the new version of Avast Pro Antivirus provides more useful security features like hybrid update tech, file reputation analysis, etc. Normally, people would have no trouble with installing Avast Pro Antivirus program, however, this program is not that easy to be removed completely by standard approach as there are always files and registry entries been left behind in the system, this may cause trouble to people who want to reinstall the program or install other antivirus products. For people who don’t know how to do the complete removal, simply follow the steps provided in below tutorial to solve this uninstall problem.
Steps to uninstall Avast Pro Antivirus manually
Step 1: Uninstall Avast Pro Antivirus from Add/Remove program
- Click Start button of your computer
- Select Control Panel, then select Add/Remove program. (Windows 7/Vista user may click the “Uninstall a program” option under the category of “Program”)
- In the program list, locate and highlight Avast Pro Antivirus
- Click the remove button behind. (Windows 7/Vista user may right click the program and select “uninstall”)
- In the appeared wizard, select “Uninstall” option and click “Next”
- Click “Yes” in the next pop-up warning message to confirm the removal action.
- Wait a few moment until the wizard complete the removal process.
- You may see a website of uninstall survey pop-up after the removal, if you have nothing to say, simply close the website to proceed.
- Finally, select the option of “restart” and click Finish, your computer will be restarted automatically.
Step 2: Delete leftover folders
- Open My Computer
- Navigate to the drive where you install Avast Pro Antivirus
- Right click on the “Avast Software” folder and select Delete.
- Back to the desktop
- Right click on the Windows recycle bin and click empty recycle bin.
Step 3: Delete registry leftovers
- Click the Start button of your computer
- Click Run option.
- Then type “regedit” in the appear window, press the Enter key of your keyboard.
- In the opened registry editor, click the “+” or “>” sign to expend the left side registry branch to locate the below key
- Right clicking on the key and select delete to remove them one by one.
- Restart your computer to allow the changes in registry takes effect
Note: if you are not familiar with registry modification, we suggest you to click on the File menu of registry editor and then click Export to create a registry backup before you start to delete the leftovers.
Uninstall Avast Pro Antivirus automatically with Max Uninstaller
Max Uninstaller has been develop as a professional tool that helps computer users uninstall any kinds of applications/games completely with ease, if you want to save your time and energy, or if you encounter uninstall errors and the above steps didn’t work, Max Uninstaller is the program you should try. Check out the below video demon and instruction to see how easily can Max Uninstaller help you uninstall Avast Pro Antivirus within clicks.
Video demonstration – How to uninstall Avast Pro Antivirus completely with Max Uninstaller
Step 1: Download Max Uninstaller here, install it in your computer.
Step 2:Open Max Uninstaller, select Avast Pro Antivirus in the right hand list, then click “Run Analysis”
Step 3: After all program files/folders and associated registry entries are scanned out. Click “Complete Uninstall” to start the Avast Pro Antivirus removal. Click “Yes” to confirm the action.
Step 4: Wait for the standard uninstall completed. Click “Scan Leftovers”, and Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for program leftover.
Step 5: After the scan finish, click “Delete Leftovers” and “Yes” button to thoroughly remove all the leftovers.
Step 6: After Max Uninstaller removed all the leftovers, click the OK button in the appeared message.
Well done! Now Avast Pro Antivirus has been completely and safely removed from your desktop/laptop.
How to prevent the Avast Setup Fatal Error
The best solution to prevent Avast Setup Fatal Error is using the Backup and Restore Center features of Windows, you can follow the below instruction:
- Click Start, and go to Control Panel > System and Security
- Click Back up Your Computer link under the System and Security category
- Click ‘Set up a backup’ option in the window of Back up or restore your files.
- After that, select the drive where you want to save the backup file (we suggest you to select the drive that recommended by Windows.)
- Click the Next button at the bottom of the window.
- In the next window, there are two options of “Let Windows choose” or “Let me choose”, in most cases we recommend you to select the second option which is “Let me choose”, because if you select the first option, Windows will create two backup file which will occupy more disk space.
- Select the files or folders that you want to back up and then click the Next button at the bottom.
- Confirm that all the file or folders you selected is correct, and then click ‘Save settings and run backup’to start the backup.