Can’t Uninstall SpyHunter 4? How to Uninstall SpyHunter 4 Completely Without Hassel
SpyHunter 4 is one of the well known anti-malware programs on the market, it provides effective malware detection and removal, allows solutions for the worst infections. However, this program has a few uninstall problems, some users complained that even they uninstalled SpyHunter 4 from their system, they still getting pop-ups continually from SpyHunter 4 telling them the web page or download action might threaten the computer. It is a standard case of incomplete removal, if you have no idea how to thoroughly uninstall SpyHunter 4, check out the below instruction:
Uninstall SpyHunter 4 completely and automatically with Max Uninstaller
If you still see SpyHunter 4 remains in your system even you perform the removal, that pretty much indicates you didn’t get all the components cleaned, for example the registry data that created along with installation, they will not be removed by normal uninstall process. To clean them up, it is suggested to use Max Uninstaller, a professional software uninstaller that help you automatically uninstall any stubborn, corrupt, damaged program within clicks.
How to uninstall SpyHunter 4 with Max Uninstaller – Video Demonstration
Step 1: Download Max Uninstaller here, install it in your computer.
Step 2:Open Max Uninstaller, select SpyHunter 4 in the right hand list, then click “Run Analysis”
Step 3: After all program files/folders and associated registry entries are scanned out. Click “Complete Uninstall” to start the SpyHunter 4 removal. Click “Yes” to confirm the action.
Step 4: Wait for the standard uninstall completed. Click “Scan Leftovers”, and Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for program leftover.
Step 5: After the scan finish, click “Delete Leftovers” and “Yes” button to thoroughly remove all the leftovers.
Step 6: Max Uninstaller has now fully uninstalled SpyHunter 4 related files and extensions. Click “OK” to finish, then reboot your system.
I want to remove it manually, how?
Although the process is a bit complicated, SpyHunter 4 can also be removed completely manually, typically there are three parts you need to finish.
Part 1: Turn off SpyHunter 4 program.
- Right click on the program icon in system tray and click “Exit”
- Open Windows task manager (press alt + Shift + Esc).
- Click on the process tab
- Select the process named “” and click the “End Process” button
Part 2: Remove SpyHunter 4 from Add/Remove applet.
- Click Start button and go to control panel
- Select Add/Remove program.
- Find out where is SpyHunter 4 in the list, select it and click Remove button.
- Click “OK” to confirm the removal.
- Click Yes to continue.
- Reboot your computer.
Part 3: Clean up registry leftover
The registry data of SpyHunter 4 will not be removed along with software uninstall, you need to remove then manually with registry editor. Here are the steps:
- From the Start menu, click Run.
- Type in regedit in the run commend window and hit Enter key
- Click File menu in the registry editor, select export
- In the export range section select All.
- Customize the file name if necessary and select the location to store the file
- Click Save button to create a registry back
- Back to the main interface of registry editor
- Navigate the registry key branch to locate this folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
- In this location, there should be a folder named EnigmaSoftwareGroup, right click on it and select delete option.
- Restart your system to allow new change take effect
Note: registry modification is a bit complicated for average computer users, and it can be dangerous sometimes if you mistakenly modified or deleted some system keys/values, if you don’t have the confident to do so, we strongly recommend you to download Max Uninstaller to help you uninstall SpyHunter 4 completely and automatically.
- After that, open File Explorer, type SpyHunter in the Search Bar, and delete the leftovers in hard disk.