Uninstall SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition – How to Guide
SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition is a security program designed to help you quick scan over your computer for various computer threats like spyware, adware, malware, Trojans etc, and provide solution to remove them. Some users are not satisfy with SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition program due to the fact that it occupies large amount of memory when it is running, and the false positive rate is a bit higher than similar products, if you are not pleased with its performance, follow the below instruction to help you uninstall SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition completely from your computer.
How to Uninstall SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition manually
Step 1: Turn off SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition manually by doing one of the following actions
- Right click on its icon on system tray, in the appeared menu, click “Exist”
- Press “Alt+Ctrl+Del” key at the same time to open Windows Task Manager, click the “process” tab and highlight the process named “SAScore.exe” and click “End process” button.
Step 2: Remove the program from Windows Add/Remove applet.
- Click Start button of Windows, and click Control Panel
- Click Add/Remove program in the window.
- Highlight the SuperAntiSpyware in the Add/Remove program list.
- Click “Remove” button on the right (behind the program name)
- You will be prompted “this will remove SuperAntiSpyware from your system, click to proceed with the uninstall” Click “OK” to proceed.
- You will be asked “do you wish to remove all program settings., logs and quarantine items?” Click “Yes” to continue.
- When you see this website pop up, that mean the uninstall process is completed.
Step 3: Delete registry leftover manually
The Add/Remove program is unable to remove all the components of SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition, parts of the registry will still remain in your computer unless you delete them manually by using registry editor. If you ignore those entries, them could eventually clog up the registry and bring you unexpected system problems. You can follow the below steps to remove those registry leftover for your computer’s good.
- Click Start > Run > Type in Regedit in the run box and click OK
- By using the “+” sign, you can navigate the registry branch tree and locate the below registry key folder named “SuperAntiSpyware.com”
- Right click on this registry key folder, select Delete option in the drop down menu.
- Close the registry editor and reboot your computer to allow the changes take effect.
Note: for people who is not familiar with registry editing, we suggest you to back up the registry before you delete any registry key, this is a very good practice to avoid problems that brought by mistaken operations. You can easily backup the registry by going to File menu – Export.
Uninstall SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition automatically
If you unable to remove SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition by using the above steps or feel like it is complicated for you, here is the perfect tool for you – by using Max Uninstaller, any program/application/game in your computer can be removed completely with ease.
Video demonstration – How to uninstall SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition completely with Max Uninstaller
Step 1: Download Max Uninstaller here, install it in your computer.
Step 2:Open Max Uninstaller, select SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition in the right hand list, then click “Run Analysis”
Step 3: After all program files/folders and associated registry entries are scanned out. Click “Complete Uninstall” to start the SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition removal. Click “Yes” to confirm the action.
Step 4: Wait for the standard uninstall completed. Click “Scan Leftovers”, and Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for program leftover.
Step 5: Click “Delete Leftovers” button, and then click “Yes” in the appeared message to start the leftover removal.
Step 6: wait a few seconds to allow the program deleting the leftovers, then click OK button in the pop-up message, then the removal will be finished and SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition will be completely gone from your system.
Troubleshot the SuperAntiSpyware cannot be updated error
When trying to update the SuperAntiSpyware program, some users receive the error message of “There was an error trying to retrieve definitions…”, having such error indicates that your computer is unable to connect the definition database to download the update. To correctly perform an update action, please make sure the below things on your computer is functioning properly.
- The internet connection of your computer has been enabled, you can open websites with your browser smoothly.
- Make sure the setting of ‘automatically detect local area network is enabled’ in the Internet Explore.
- The two process of SSUPDATE.EXE and SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE are not blocked by the firewall of your computer.
- If you are using proxy, make sure the domain of superantispyware.com is excluded in it.