Uninstall VEGAS Pro 14 on PC – Program Info & Removal Guides
Encountered problems when trying to uninstall VEGAS Pro 14? No worries, reading this page may help you out, and there is other related information that might be useful to you.
VEGAS Pro 14 works as your project companion, which can edit professional video and audio material in high resolution formats up to 4K. It discovers workflow-optimized plug-ins for image stabilization design dynamic titles and create custom DVDs and Blu-ray Discs.
According to users’ feedback, here are two related pages you might need:
In the content below you will find two solutions to uninstall VEGAS PRO 14 in Windows, for any questions you want to ask, just comment at the bottom.
Method 1: Uninstall VEGAS Pro 14 with A Safe Tool
The first one I would like to introduce is an easy-to-use, small-sized tool that applies to all the popular Windows OS versions. You can also try to uninstall other programs that are not welcome anymore in the system with it. How does it work? Take a quick look below:
1. Download & install Max Uninstaller.
It’s a small-sized tool, so the installation would be finished within a minute.
2. Run Analysis > Complete Uninstall.
Open Max Uninstaller, and you will see clearly what programs you’re having on the computer. Find & select VEGAS Pro 14 as your target, then click Run Analysis to scan for all the related files. > review the list, keep the items checked, and hit Complete Uninstall to confirm the removal.
3. Scan Leftovers > Delete Leftovers.
Now you’re deleting its vestiges. Click Scan Leftovers when it turns to green, review the list of the vestiges to be deleted, keep them checked, and hit Delete Leftovers to completely uninstall VEGAS Pro 14 from your PC.
When it tells you VEGAS Pro 14 has be removed, you can directly close Max Uninstaller, or click Back to Step1 and check whether it has gone.
Method 2: Manually Uninstall VEGAS Pro 14 Yourself
1. To smoothly conduct the removal process, you’d better log in the system as an Administrator, so that you won’t be asked for password permission all the way. In most cases we log in Windows as an Administrator at home as the default settings. (How to check for administrator rights in Windows?)
2. Right-click on VEGAS Pro 14 icon on the System Tray, and select Exit to close the program.
3. Hit Ctrl + Alt + Del to run Task Manager, terminate related process by selecting it in the Processes tab and clicking End.
4. In the bottom-left screen of your screen, right-click on the Start button and select Control Panel.
5. In the Control Panel window, click the Uninstall a program link.
6. In the list of installed programs, find & double-click VEGAS Pro 14 to activate its default uninstall wizard.
7. Follow the prompts to proceed with the removal, provide confirmation when it’s needed, then wait for the uninstall wizard to finish its job.
8. Hover your mouse in the bottom-right corner, then you see the charms bar. Click Search, enter “regedit” to open the Registry Editor.
9. On the navigator of the Registry Editor, click File > Export… to create a back-up (.reg file) of the whole Registry in case of any irretrievable mistake. (How to restore the Registry in Windows?)
10. Delete these two folders:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sony Creative Software
11. Then on the navigator click Edit > Find…, type “VEGAS Pro 14” in the box to check if there’s any other related entries/keys, then delete them to completely uninstall VEGAS Pro 14.
12. Reboot your computer to take effect.
If you have better solutions to uninstall VEGAS Pro 14, or there is any questions you need to ask about this subject, leave comments below. We would like to provide the convenience as much as we can. 🙂
Something to Mention
If you failed to uninstall VEGAS Pro 14 or some other program by using the unins000.exe or in any other ways, do not directly try to complete the cleaning job by deleting things in the Registry Editor. If any essential files are removed incorrectly, the system may be damaged, and you’ll have to reinstall the whole system. To avoid that, you’re suggested doing the removal safely by using Max Uninstaller. It’s all your choice. 🙂