Uninstall ZoneAlarm Free Firewall – Remove ZoneAlarm Toolbar from from IE/Firefox
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall is a very popular free firewall for Windows. It is designed to help secure users PC from malware injecting in, and it does a good job at it. However, for one reason or another, you may want to uninstall ZoneAlarm Free Firewall from your computer.
A lot of free security programs are available on the internet and you may find a better one than ZoneAlarm. If so, you should uninstall it from your computer completely to avoid any conflict.
Video: Steps to remove ZoneAlarm Free Firewall and toolbar within minutes
Remove it manually via windows add/remove programs
1. Exit ZoneAlarm Free Firewall by right lick the icon in system tray.
2. Click Start menu and go to Control Panel.
3. Go to the “Uninstall a program” (“Add and Remove Programs” in Windows XP). Find ZoneAlarm Free Firewall and click on “Uninstall”.
4. Follow the uninstall wizard to finish the removal.
The above is the first step of standard removal. Then you may need to manually remove ZoneAlarm Toolbar from your browser(s) installed.
From Internet Explorer
- Start Internet Explorer. Click the Tools icon and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You should see a list of add-ons installed including ZoneAlarm Toolbar.
- One by one, select the unneeded toolbars from check point INC and click Disable.
- Restart Internet Explorer and the unwanted toolbar won’t come back again.
- Open Mozilla Firefox. Select Tools in the menu bar.
- Click Add-ons, new new window will open.
- In the extensions tab, choose the item you want to remove or disable.
- Firefox restarts.
- Click Start –> Run –> filling in regedit in the blank.
- A new window will open. Locate and remove the files below:
- Reboot your computer to complete the removal process.
When finishing this complex job, you will notice how time-consuming it is. Moreover, you also take the risk to get rid of the program manually because any inappropriate operation will cause deadly damage to your system which might cost you more time and money to repair.
So let’s take a look at the recommended choice.
Uninstall ZoneAlarm Free Firewall by a useful and reputation-gained uninstaller
Step 1: Download Max Uninstaller here, install it in your computer.
Step 2:Open Max Uninstaller, select ZoneAlarm Free Firewall in the right hand list, then click “Run Analysis”
Step 3: After all program files/folders and associated registry entries are scanned out. Click “Complete Uninstall”; to start the uninstall removal. Click “Yes” to confirm the action.
Step 4: Wait for the standard uninstall completed. Click “Scan Leftovers and Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for program leftover.
Step 5: After the scan finish, click “Delete Leftovers”; and “Yes” button to confirm remove all the leftovers.
Step 6: Max Uninstaller has now fully uninstalled ZoneAlarm Free Firewall related files and extensions. Click “OK” to finish, then reboot your system.
What are the risks of common users removing the program manually
Considering the manual removal contains many complex and difficult steps, it is much suitable and feasible for those computer geeks but not the computer fresher to utilize this removing way.
- When the program is corrupted, it is often cannot be uninstalled by the windows add/remove programs, and should turn to use another method to solve it.
- If you know few about the computer system, it is very difficult to find and delete its associated registry entries, if you delete one or more of the system registry entries mistakenly, you will get more serious troubles on your computer.
- The improper uninstallation will often delete the wrong file and advanced options and settings from the computer, which will make other programs on the computer cannot be used for lacking of the necessary file and data.
To avoid the essential system registry files are removed from the computer by mistakes, you had better to do a back up for the system registry before you starting to do some modifications in it, and the following way can help you to back up the registry successfully:
- Click on “Start” > “Run” > type “regedit” on the box to open the Registry Editor
- select “Export” > click “All” to select the whole export range section, click on the save icon.