Ask Toolbar Removal Guide – Uninstall Ask Toolbar With Max Uninstaller
The Ask Toolbar is a web browser toolbar developed by the developer of Ask Search engine. It allows user to access ask search engine much easer without visiting Ask.com. Annoying things about this toolbar is that, it often comes with freewares bundle. If user did not pay attention to the installation wizard of these freewares (usually Ask Toolbar is selected by default), they may installed different versions of Ask Toolbar in their computer accidentally.
Beside providing a quick access to the Ask Search Engine, there is nothing good about this toolbar that deserved keeping, it could slow down your web browser, it changes your home page and the default search provider as well. The worst thing is, Ask Toolbar is bit different from the other toolbar which is hard to be uninstalled completely.
In case you installed Ask Toolbar by mistake and you don’t want this thing in your web browser, you may follow the below instruction to remove this toolbar.
Uninstall Ask Toolbar through Add/Remove Program
(For Windows Vista and Windows 7)
- Close all the running web browsers
- Click “Start” menu, go to “Control Panel”
- Click “Program” (Add/Remove for Windows XP user) in the “Control Panel”.
- Locate “Ask Toolbar” in the program list, click “Uninstall” button.
- Click Yes to confirm, then follow the onscreen instructions to remove the Ask Toolbar
Uninstall Ask Toolbar directly through web browser
- Open the web browser which has Ask Toolbar, click the down-facing arrow button of the toolbar.
- Click the “uninstall” option, then you’ll receive a message asking whether you really want to uninstall it.
- Click yes to confirm, and another message will pop up asking you to close the browser.
- Close the Web browser, and then click “OK.” After a few moments, Windows completes the removal of the Ask.com toolbar and returns to the desktop.
- After closing the browser, click “OK” and Windows will complete the uninstall of Ask Toolbar in a few seconds.
- Restart the computer to take effect.
Uninstall Ask Toolbar automatically with Max Uninstaller
If you encounter errors while trying to uninstall Ask Toolbar or somehow the above methods didn’t work, it is recommended to use professional software uninstaller – Max Uninstaller, Max Uninstaller not only help you uninstall the target program, but also remove all the associated leftover which assure to you a 100% clean removal. See how the program work as below:
Please click the button to download Max Uninstaller first
Step 1: Double click Max Uninstaller icon and follow the instruction to install it in your computer.
Step 2: Launch Max Uninstaller, check Ask Toolbar on the right hand list. Press “Run Analysis”
Step 3: Max Uninstaller will review uninstall program files and associated registry entries. Click Complete Uninstall to start the program uninstall process.
Step 4: Click Yes to start Ask Toolbar uninstall.
Step 5: Wait for the standard Ask Toolbar uninstall completed. Click Scan Leftovers.
Step 6: Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for a few minutes. When it finish scanning, click Delete Leftovers to thoroughly remove Ask Toolbar and remove its leftovers.
Step7: Max Uninstaller has now fully uninstall Ask Toolbar and deleted all the related files and extensions.
Click OK to finish and now Ask Toolbar is totally uninstalled and removed from your PC.