Different Approaches to Uninstall VIPRE Antivirus 2015 Completely
As an impressive product of ThreatTrack Security, VIPRE Antivirus claims to be a small-footprint antivirus software that protects against identity thieves, spammers, hackers and cybercriminals without impacting computer performance. With an extensive list of features, this application is capable of preventing prevalent malware, identifying websites known to infect computer with virus and removing spyware, rootkits, bots as well as Trojans. Nevertheless, it also received some negative user reviews, such as the annoying alerts pop up constantly to interrupt user’s activities, the websites that users used to visit are blocked falsely, and it is not quite good at stopping brand-new threats.
Anyway, users may try to uninstall VIPRE Antivirus for personal reasons, and if you have any trouble in get rid of this program, read this post to learn the proper ways of uninstalling unwanted program. Wanna uninstall it as quickly as possible? See: Recommendede Approach – Remove VIPRE Antivirus with Max Uninstaller.
Manual Approach: Uninstall VIPRE Antivirus via Control Panel
Like most anti-virus software, you can uninstall VIPRE Antivirus by using Windows Add/Remove Programs applet (located in the Control Panel). To uninstall VIPRE Antivirus thoroughly, firstly you should log on with the user account that has administrative rights, and then follow the detailed instruction listed below.
Step 1. Star Windows in Safe Mode / Exit All Related Processes
1-1. Before uninstalling any unwanted program, you had better reboot system into Safe Mode in case any potential problem arise to hinder the uninstall process:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig” and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface, check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK.
- Then your computer will boot into Safe Mode after it restarts.
Notice: after the uninstall process is finished, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC.
1-2. Surely you can choose not to reboot computer into Safe Mode. If so, don’t forget to end all the related background processes in system tray before uninstall begins:
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom of the screen and click Task Manager in the list.
- Select all the background processes associated with VIPRE Antivirus in the Processes tab, and then click on End Task to terminated them one by one.
Notice: If you start the uninstall while target program or its process is still running on the background, error message may pop up to interrupt uninstall process, and what’s worse, some of the program components will not be removed totally.
Step 2: Uninstall VIPRE Antivirus Via Control Panel
For Windows 7 Users:
- Hit the Windows key on the keyboard and click on the Control Panel option.
- Choose View by Category in the upper-right corner and click on Programs.
- Scroll through the list of programs to find the software called VIPRE Antivirus.
- Right click on VIPRE Antivirus and click on Uninstall to activate default uninstaller.
For Windows 8 Users:
- Right click on Start menu and then Programs and Features in the list.
- Highlight VIPRE Antivirus with one single click and click on Uninstall to begin the uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstall, and then reboot your computer.
Wonder if VIPRE Antivirus has been removed from your computer? Well, this conventional means may only remove its main executive files, and it is quite possible that you still found some of its traces left behind. To guarantee a 100% uninstall of antivirus program, make sure to perform these two additional steps afterwards.
Step 3: Delete Associated Entries in Registry (Important)
- (Right) click on Start menu and then click on Run in the list. Type “regedit” in the Open: box and hit Enter key to activate Registry Editor.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click Find on the Edit menu in the Registry Editor. Type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box, then click on Find Next (and then hit F3 key) to locate and delete related keys or values one after the other.
Warning: Be cautious. Deleting target program leftovers in Registry may require user to have a certain degree of computer knowledge or skill. It is also risk-taking to recklessly delete any suspicious entries there. Before deleting, try to back up the registry file in case anything wrong happens. If you have difficulty in identifying VIPRE Antivirus leftovers in registry, just use a professional&reliable uninstaller to do that job for you.
Step 4: Delete Associated Files/Folders in Disk
- Click on Start – Control Panel – Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) in the Advanced settings.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Open File Explorer, and type the keyword(s) of VIPRE Antivirus in the Search Bar
- Go through and delete the matched items in the search results.
After performing all these steps you should have successfully remove VIPRE Antivirus as well as it leftovers. If there are other antivirus software you wanna uninstall (e.g. Rising Antivirus, BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2015, Kaspersky Antivirus 2016), you can perform this manual method to uninstall them. What’s more, you can use the all-in-one uninstaller to easily remove any PUP without trace left.
Recommended Approach: Remove VIPRE Antivirus with Max Uninstaller
With a user-friendly interface and a powerful scan engine, Max Uninstaller are designed to locate&remove all the components of target program in just a few second. Even the novices can use this tool to accomplish program removal with ease.
1. Select Target Program.
Launch Max Uninstaller after exiting related processes > select VIPRE Antivirus in the list of installed programs > click on Run Analysis to proceed.
2. Scan for Program Components.
Click the Complete Uninstall button to activate default uninstaller > follow the prompts to complete uninstall > click on Scan Leftovers to enter the last step.
3. Perform Complete Uninstall.
- Click on Delete Leftovers > click Yes in the dialogue box and then all VIPRE Antivirus leftovers are completely removed from your computer.
This article details two approaches to uninstall VIPRE Antivirus, and you can choose either of them to remove any unwanted program. With regard to the uninstall convenience and effectiveness, the professional uninstaller seems to be a better option. If you have any suggestion about MU usage, feel free to leave your comment here.