Steps to Teach to Uninstall Crawler Toolbar Completely
Crawler Toolbar is a browser toolbar which can enhance your internet browsing experience by offering news feeds, weather forecasts, storms and traffic news as well as other features like free Web mail, screensavers, wallpapers, browser skins, cursors, etc. However, some of the users may not want this toolbar as they unconsciously installed Crawler Toolbar along with other software, on the other hand, Crawler Toolbar is known to be able to hijack website homepage and very hard to be removed, if you are not satisfy with this toolbar and want to get it off your computer, you can follow the below instruction to uninstall Crawler Toolbar completely.
Uninstall Crawler Toolbar with Max Uninstaller
Max Uninstaller is a uninstaller tool which has been proved to be the most effective solution to remove Windows software, applications or games. It can help you uninstall Crawler Toolbar within clicks without any trace left. You can watch the below Video demonstration to check out the way Max Uninstaller uninstall Crawler Toolbar, then you may follow the steps behind to try for yourselves.
- Download Max Uninstaller here and install it in the computer.
- Launch Max Uninstaller, highlight Crawler Toolbar in the interface, click ‘Run Analysis’.
- Click ‘Complete Uninstall’ button after all the components of Crawler Toolbar are scanned out
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to conduct a full scan on your computer for program leftover.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’ after the scan, Max Uninstaller will delete all the found leftovers it found.
- The removal is finished when you see the message of ‘Crawler Toolbar leftovers have been completely removed’ pop-up, click OK button to end the process.
Manual solution to uninstall Crawler Toolbar
although it is a bit complicated, without the help from Max Uninstaller, you can also get Crawler Toolbar removed from your computer manually, see the steps below.
Note: this manual solution can only work on the condition that Crawler Toolbar was installed completely and correctly.
Step 1: Close any browser that is open
Step 2: Remove Crawler Toolbar with its build-in uninstaller
- Click the Start button at the bottom left of the screen.
- In the Start menu, move the cursors to ‘Settings”
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove program
- Find Crawler Toolbar in the current installed program list.
- Select it and click the Remove button behind.
- Click the Next button in the pop-up window.
- Check the two options shown as below screen shot to restore the IE homepage and settings, then click ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Wait for the process finish, click OK button to completely the removal.
Step 3: Clean up the leftovers files
The build-in uninstaller always fail to remove all the components of Crawler Toolbar, you need to find out these leftover files, folders, registry entries and then delete them manually.
- Go to Start > Search > Files and folders
- Click All files and folder option
- And then enter Crawler in the search field.
- Click Search button.
- Press Alt + A to select all the found files and folders.
- Right click to delete them all.
Step 4: Delete leftover entries
- Open registry editor from Start > Run.
- Navigate the registry and if you find out any of the below registry entry folder, right click to delete them.
Note: If you are not familiar with registry edition, it is suggested to backup the registry before any modification. You can go to File > Export in the registry editor to do the registry backup.
For average computer users, we recommend to use Max Uninstaller to save your time and energy to remove Crawler Toolbar completely.