How Do I Remove coupons.com Couponbar – Maxuninstall.com Couponbar Removal Guide
Couponbar is a browser toolbar that helps you gather and organize different types of coupon codes from the internet. This toolbar usually comes with freeware bundle and installs itself sneakingly, it will also change your browser default homepage. If you found your browser has Couponbar installed and want to get rid of this toolbar, follow the belows instruction to uninstall Couponbar from your computer completely.
Remove Couponbar automatically
Normally you can disable Couponbar through browser setting and remove it from Windows Control Panel, however, this won’t help you get the toolbar removed completely as there are still many registry entries/keys left in the Windows registry. We suggest to use Max Uninstaller to remove Couponbar for you automatically and thoroughly.
You can refer to the below video demonstrations.
- Download Max Uninstaller and install it in your computer with ease.
- Launch MU by double clicking the desktop icon.
- Select Couponbar in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After the components analysis, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the standard removal.
- Close the pop-up website once the standard removal is finished.
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to conduct a full scan on your computer for leftovers of Couponbar.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’and Max Uninstaller will remove all the leftovers it found.
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal.
Uninstall Couponbar manually
Couponbar removal can be done through these manual steps
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove program.
- Locate and select Couponbar in the Add/Remove program, click Remove button.
There will be no uninstall process show up, but it doesn’t mean that Couponbar has been removed completely. You still need to open registry editor to delete the leftovers manually. Here is how:
- Press Windows button + R key to open Run commend window.
- Type in regedit in the run commend window and click OK.
(If you are not familiar with registry editor, it is recommended to backup the registry from File > Export before you start to delete the Couponbar leftovers inside, a backup will save you from problems that caused by mistaken operations)
- Navigate the registry editor, find out and delete the Couponbar – related registry leftovers listed in the below screen shot.
- After you done with the deletion, close registry editor and restart the computer to allow new changes take effect.
Note: Since there is a great amount of registry leftovers you need to locate and delete, if you accidentally delete a wrong key/entry, you can go to the File > Import menu to restore the registry to previous status by using the backup file created before.
How do I remove Couponbar from my browse and restore the homepage?
If you simply want to disable Couponbar on your browser, here is how:
For Fire fox:
- Open FireFox, go to Tools > Add-Ons
- In the Extension section, select Coupons.com Couponbar 184.108.40.206 and click Uninstall.
- In the pop-up window, click Uninstall.
- Click ‘Restart FireFox‘ after the uninstall finished.
- Go to Tools > Options.
- In the Homepage section, click ‘Restore to Default’ button.
For Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Manage Add-ons.
- Select Coupons.com Couponbar in the list, click Disable in the Setting section.
- You will be prompted “For the change to take effect, you may need to restart Internet Explorer.” click OK button.
- Go back to Tool menu > Internet Options.
- In the Homepage section, click ‘Use default’ button.