How to Completely Uninstall CyberLink PowerBackup
CyberLink PowerBackup is a program which provides users several ways to effectively backup their archives data, however, due to issues like file missing, incorrect installation, data corruption, CyberLink PowerBackup can sometimes generates errors and becomes very hard to be removed completely, if you are troubling with such problem, you have come to the right place, the below instruction will show you how to completely uninstall CyberLink PowerBackup.
Automatic solution to uninstall CyberLink PowerBackup
For problematic Windows program/application which is hard to be removed, the most effective way to remove it from your computer is using Max Uninstaller, the most powerful third party uninstaller tool. By using MU, you will be able to uninstall CyberLink PowerBackup program within clicks automatically and completely. Please follow the below steps:
- Download Max Uninstaller, install it in your computer with ease.
- Launch MU, select CyberLink PowerBackup in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After its done, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the default removal.
- Once the default removal is finished, click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button allow Max Uninstaller to scan over your computer and find out all the remains of CyberLink PowerBackup.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’to remove all found leftovers
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal.
Still confuse about the process? Here is a video demonstration of how Max Uninstaller work to uninstall CyberLink PowerBackup for your reference.
How to manually uninstall CyberLink PowerBackup
CyberLink PowerBackup can be manually removed from your computer by using the below steps, please follow them carefully to make sure each step is done correctly.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove program
- Locate PowerBackup 2.5, click Remove button on the right side.
- Wait for a few second to activate the default uninstaller.
- A message will pop-up asking you ‘This will remove PowerBackup 2.5 from your computer, do you wish to proceed?’ click Yes to continue.
- Click OK to finish the removal.
Part 2: Remove program leftover
The removal of CyberLink PowerBackup is not yet completed, even you perform the above steps correctly, you still have to deal with the leftovers inside your computer.
- First access to the Search tool of Windows.
- Click All files and folders.
- Type in CyberLink in the search blank and click Search.
- Delete all found files and folders of CyberLink PowerBackup program.
Part 3: Remove program leftover registry data
- Press Windows button + R key to open Run commend window.
- Type in regedit in the Run commend box and press Enter.
- Click File > Export, and follow the instruction to create a registry backup before deleting registry leftovers.
- After opening the Registry Editor, navigate the left side branch tree and locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ folder.
- Delete the sub folder named CyberLink
- Locate the folder of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\
- Delete the sub folder of CyberLink
- Now close registry editor and restart your computer.
Note: If you are not familiar with using registry editor, do remember to create a backup before deleting any thing in case problems happen due to mistaken operation. Or you can apply third party uninstall tool to help you uninstall CyberLink PowerBackup automatically and safely.