How to Completely Uninstall Mcafee SiteAdvisor And its Components
Mcafee SiteAdvisor is a security plug-in that works with most popular web browsers, it provides safety ratings features that helps users avoid malicious and unhealthy websites. Normally, Mcafee SiteAdvisor can be easily installed and removed, but there are still some users experienced problems while removing it. If you would like this plug-in off your computer, please follow the below instruction to uninstall Mcafee SiteAdvisor completely.
Remove Mcafee SiteAdvisor manually
To completely remove Mcafee SiteAdvisor, not only you should use Add/Remove program, also you need to delete its leftover component files & registry entries which will not be removed along with default uninstall process. Here are the steps:
Part 1: Perform default uninstall
- First make sure you have close all the browser.
- Then activate the Start menu at the bottom left of the screen.
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove program. That’s the place you can reach the Mcafee SiteAdvisor default uninstaller.
- Locate and select Mcafee SiteAdvisor in the Add/Remove program list, click Remove button.
- Since Yahoo toolbar was installed along with Mcafee SiteAdvisor, so if you want to get rid of this toolbar as well, then remember in the uninstall wizard, check the Yahoo toolbar uninstall option before you click the Uninstall button.
- After the process finish uninstalling Mcafee SiteAdvisor, the wizard will prompt you whether you really want to uninstall Yahoo toolbar, click Yes to continue.
- Wait a while to allow the wizard process the removal.
Part 2: Delete leftover files & folders
- Click Start > Search.
- Search the word Mcafee.
- Delete all the found folders & files
- Again, use the Windows search feature to search Yahoo.
- Delete all the things you found.
Part 3: Delete registry leftovers
- Open Registry editor from Start > Run > Type regedit
- Expend the registry branch tree on the left side
- Find out and delete the registry leftovers in the below screen shots that related to Mcafee SiteAdvisor and Yahoo toolbar.
- Close registry editor and reboot computer.
Mcafee SiteAdvisor & Yahoo toolbar registry leftovers reviews:
Uninstall Mcafee SiteAdvisor automatically
Max Uninstaller is always the best choice to safely and easily uninstall Windows applications. If you feel like the manual solution is too tedious, we recommended using Max Uninstaller to help you uninstall Mcafee SiteAdvisor completely without going through complicated process.
Mcafee SiteAdvisor automatic removal – video demonstration
- Download Max Uninstaller and install it in your computer with ease.
- Launch MU by double clicking the desktop icon.
- Select Mcafee SiteAdvisor in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After the components analysis, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the standard removal.
- Close the pop-up website once the standard removal is finished.
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to conduct a full scan on your computer for leftovers of Mcafee SiteAdvisor.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’and Max Uninstaller will remove all the leftovers it found.
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal.