Remove PRTG Network Monitor From My Laptop/Desktop Thoroughly – How to Guide
PRTG Network Monitor program information
PRTG Network Monitor by Paessler, is a program that used to monitor your network condition such as upload and download monitoring, packet sniffing, traffic and broadband usage monitoring, in-depth analysis and concise reporting and more, it includes almost all types of types network services, PRTG Network Monitor is available in two types of download, one is 30 days trails and another one is sensor limited version, both of them offers free test experience, users can choose to download according to their particular needs.
Program Removal Guide
To completely uninstall PRTG Network Monitor, you can adopt one of the below solutions
Manual uninstall solution
From the time you installed PRTG Network Monitor, the program will automatically run in Windows background upon Windows start up, you should terminate the program and all of its related process first before you uninstall it. This could help you to avoid uninstall error
- Right click on the PRTG Network Monitor program icon in the system tray at bottom right of the screen, then select “Exit” option.
- To close all the related process, you need to open Windows task manager by pressing Alt + Ctrl + Del” at the same time.
- Click on the “Process” tab.
- Disable these two processes “PRTG probe.exe” and “PRTG server.exe” one by one by highlighting a process and then click the “End Process” button.
- Click on Start button, and go to Control Panel
- Select Add/Remove program
- Spot PRTG Network Monitor in the list and highlight it.
- Click the remove button on the right side.
- The wizard will ask you “Are you sure you want to completely remove PRTG Network Monitor and all of its components?” Select Yes to confirm.
- Uninstall is on progress, wait patiently
- Click Yes in the pop-up window to restart your computer.
Part 3: Delete leftovers
From the last pop-up message from part2 we know that the removal isn’t over yet as it informs you “your data file have not been deleted automatically. Please delete data files manually!”, now we need to delete PRTG Network Monitor leftover folder and registry files manually by performing the below steps
- Open My Computer.
- Navigate to the drive where you install PRTG Network Monitor
- Right click on the PRTG Network Monitor folder and select “Delete”
- Back to desktop.
- Right click on the Windows Recycle Bin and select “Empty Recycle Bin”.
- Go to Start > Run
- Type in “regedit” in the Run window and hit OK to open Registry Editor
- Click the “+” sign to navigate the registry the registry branch.
- Locate the the registry key of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Paessler
- Right click on the registry key folder and select Delete
- Reboot your computer to allow new change take effect.
Note: in order to avoid potential problem that caused by mistaken registry modification, it is suggested you to backup the registry first before any operation. To do a backup, you can go to File menu of Registry Editor and then select Export option.
Automatic solution – Uninstall PRTG Network Monitor with Max Uninstaller
For an easier and quicker way to uninstall PRTG Network Monitor, we recommend you to use Max Uninstaller, a powerful software uninstaller that could help you remove any thing from your system completely and automatically. Check out the below video demon and detailed instruction:
Video demonstration – How to uninstall PRTG Network Monitor completely with Max Uninstaller
Step 1: Download Max Uninstaller here, install it in your computer.
Step 2:Open Max Uninstaller, select PRTG Network Monitor in the right hand list, then click “Run Analysis”
Step 3: After all program files/folders and associated registry entries are scanned out. Click “Complete Uninstall” to start the PRTG Network Monitor removal. Click “Yes” to confirm the action.
Step 4: Wait for the standard uninstall completed. Click “No” in the pop-up to restart your computer later. Click “Scan Leftovers”, and Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for program leftover.
Step 5: After the scan finish, click “Delete Leftovers” and “Yes” button to thoroughly remove all the leftovers.
Step 6: Max Uninstaller has now fully uninstalled PRTG Network Monitor related files and extensions. Click “OK” to finish.
Max Uninstaller introduction
Max Uninstaller is by far the most effective and safest solution to remove Windows application/software, no matter it is errored, corrupted or incomplete, Max Uninstaller has its own way to remove the target from you system without any trace.
- Easy and quick one-click removal support.
- Uninstall problematic program which the normal procedure can’t without getting error messages
- Automatically clean software leftover files/folders/registry entries.
- intuitive and easy-to-use interface that any computer users can handle.
- Compatible with any Windows base operation system.