How to Completely Uninstall Splashtop Streamer From Your Laptop/Desktop
Splashtop Streamer is a remote control program, it is designed to allow people remote control their computer by using cell phone or other mobile devices. Some of the computer users reported that Splashtop Streamer is hard to be removed, if you have similiar problem, you may follow the blow instruction to uninstall Splashtop Streamer correctly and completely.
Uninstall Splashtop Streamer automatically
The best way to uninstall Splashtop Streamer is using Max Uninstaller, by applying this third party professional uninstaller you will be able to uninstall Splashtop Streamer completely without leaving any traces behind in the system, this is much more convenient than manual solution.
Video demonstration of how to uninstall Splashtop Streamer by using Max Uninstaller
- Download Max Uninstaller, install it in your computer with ease.
- Launch MU, select Splashtop Streamer in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After its done, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the default removal.
- Once the default removal is finished, click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button allow Max Uninstaller to scan over your computer and find out all the remains of Splashtop Streamer.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’to remove all found leftovers
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal.
Uninstall Splashtop Streamer manually
To completely uninstall XXX, beside using its default uninstaller, you also need to manually find out and delete the leftover files, folders and registry keys as the default uninstaller always leaves something behind. The following instruction will guide you through the leftover removal process, please follow these steps carefully.
- Right click on the icon in system tray, click Exit option.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, go to Add/Remove.
- Select Splashtop Streamer in the Add/Remove program menu and click Remove button.
- You will receive the message of “Are you sure you want to remove Splashtop Streamer from your computer?”, Click Yes to continue.
- Wait for a few seconds to allow the uninstall finish.
- Click Start, open the search function of Windows.
- Click All files and folders.
- Type in Splashtop in the Search blank, click Search button.
- Press Alt + A to select all the found files and folders, Press Delete button on the keyboard to delete them all.
- Click Start, click Run.
- Type in regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Navigate the registry branch to find out and delete the below entries and keys of Splashtop Streamer.
HKLM|SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders|C:\Program Files\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\
HKLM|SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs|C:\Program Files\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server\Acknowledgements.htm
HKU|S-1-5-21-299502267-287218729-1801674531-500\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache|C:\Program Files\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server\SRSOOBE.exe
HKU|S-1-5-21-299502267-287218729-1801674531-500\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache|C:\Program Files\Splashtop\Splashtop Remote\Server\SRServer.exe
- Restart your computer after you finish the registry leftover removal.\
Congratulations! Now Splashtop Streamer has been completely removed from your computer.