How to Fully Remove Classic Shell from Your PC
As a free software designed for Microsoft Windows, Classic Shell restores several usability-oriented Windows user interface features that have been removed by Microsoft. This suite of interface enhancements consists of three independent components: Classic Start Menu, Classic Explorer, Classic IE. Users can easily access many customization options for their operating system and modify the user interface with this handy software, especially for those who are not used to Win 8 features.
Though Classic Shell provides a convenient way to customize our PCs, it also slows down the speed of computer system and Internet Explore. In case you try to remove Classic Shell from your computer, what is the best way to do it? Are you sure you can detect and clean out all its leftovers? Or have you failed to install the updated version after manually uninstalling this program? In fact, many users expressed their doubts on various uninstall problems in its forum. If you’re also confused about how to fully remove Classic Shell without any hassle, you are suggested to download a professional third-party uninstall utility, which will automatically helps you get rid of it within only one minute.
(Recommended) Automatic way to remove Classic Shell:
Max Uninstaller is an effective and time-saving uninstall tool that can be used to remove any unwanted or corrupted programs on Windows system. You can easily get rid of Classic Shell within a few clicks. Here is the video tutorial about how to fully uninstall Classic Shell with Max Uninstaller:
1. Select target program.
Double click to run Max Uninstaller > select Classic Shell in the list of installed programs > click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
2. Scan for program components.
Review related Classic Shell files, folders and registry entries, and then click the Complete Uninstall button to continue. During the process, continually click Yes in the dialog boxes to confirm the uninstall, and then click Scan Leftovers to enter the next step.
3. Perform complete uninstall.
Review the Classic Shell leftovers and Click Delete Leftovers button. Click Yes and then OK in the dialogue boxes. After that, all Classic Shell leftovers are instantly removed from your PC!
As you can see in the video tutorial, it takes even less than one minute to complete Classic Shell removal with Max Uninstaller. Easy and fast, right? After all these three steps has been done, reboot your computer.
Manual way to uninstall Classic Shell step by step:
In case you would like to remove Classic Shell by yourself, here is the manual uninstallation procedure provided for you to follow.
1.Reboot your computer into Safe Mode.
On Windows 8:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig” and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface, check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK. Then your computer will boot into Safe Mode after it restarts. (Notice: after the uninstall is finished, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC).
On Windows 7:
- Reboot the computer, tap the F8 key as soon as you see the Windows’ logo appearing, select the regular Safe Mood and press Enter key.
2.Terminate all Classic Shell processes via Task Manager.
- Right click the Start menu on the bottom and click Task Manager in the list .
- Select all the related running processes and click End Task to terminate them.
3.Uninstall Classic Shell via Control Panel.
On Windows 8:
- Move your mouse cursor to the lower-right corner to open Control Panel from Settings).
- Click on Programs and Features in Control Panel, right click the Classic Shell, click on Uninstall and then follow the prompts to remove it.
On Windows 7:
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard ( or click on Start button in the lower-left corner) and select the Control Panel in the list. Click on Programs in Control Panel interface, choose the Classic Shell in the list and click on Uninstall/Change to remove it.
4.Clean out Classic Shell remnants.
- (Right) click on the Start icon, click on Search, type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Windows Registry Editor. Unfold:
to check whether there still exists any related files and folder. If so, delete them.
Notice: You must be very careful in making any change on the registry keys or values. It is not recommended but you still can do it at your own risk. To avoid any unnecessary mis-operation in this step, you are strongly suggested to apply Max Uninstall for safe removal of Classic Shell components.
- Go to:
My Computer > C:\Program Files (x86)
My Computer > C:\ProgramData \ >Microsoft\ >Windows\ >Start Menu\ > Programs
My Computer > C:\Document and Settings\ >All Users\ >Application Data
and delete any associated files of Classic Shell.
5.Reboot your computer after the uninstallation.
It seems to be a tedious and time-wasting task for most users to manually uninstall Classic Shell and totally clean out all its remnants. Why not try a easier and faster way to thoroughly remove it? All in all, Max Uninstall comes in handy to all those who want to get rid of any unwanted programs without any hassle. You’re welcome to download it here and enjoy the excellent user experience right now!
For more PUPs removal guides: