How to Guide – Remove TuneUP Utilities completely from your computer
TuneUP Utilities performs well in the computer optimization and system error troubleshooting, but for some reasons you may want to uninstall TuneUP Utilities from your computer, to many people’s surprise, they fail to remove TuneUP Utilities as they keep receiving error messages during the uninstall process. If you encounter this situation, please be informed that it is not your fault and there is nothing wrong with your computer. TuneUP Utilities has bugs that would probably cause uninstall error. To remove TuneUP Utilities successfully, you may try the solutions below.
Uninstall TuneUP Utilities via Max Uninstaller.
To deal with the removal of such problem software, the most efficient way is using professional uninstaller such as Max Uninstaller. Whatever type of stubborn program that are troubling you, Max Uninstaller can help you dig out every single part of the program and remove it completely without any trace left, all you need to do is click your mouse a couple of times.
Step1: Click here to free download Max Uninstaller, and then install it in your computer.
Step2: Launch Max Uninstaller, select TuneUP Utilities on the right hand list. Press “Run Analysis”
Step3: Max Uninstaller will review uninstall program files and associated registry entries. Click Complete Uninstall to start the program uninstall process. Click Yes to start uninstalling TuneUP Utilities uninstall.
Step4: Wait for the standard TuneUP Utilities uninstall completed. Click “Scan Leftovers”, and Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for a while.
Step5: When it finish scanning, click “Delete Leftovers” and “Yes” button to thoroughly remove TuneUP Utilities and its leftovers.
Step6: Max Uninstaller has now fully uninstalled TuneUP Utilities and deleted all the related files and extensions. Click OK to finish.
Uninstall TuneUP Utilities with Max Uninstaller Video demonstration
Alternative solution – remove each part of TuneUP Utilities manually
If you don’t mind to spend time and energy, and you have enough computer expertise, you can also do the removal manually, here we go:
- First you need to close TuneUP Utilities and terminate/end the relative process that running in the background, otherwise you will not be able to perform the removal successfully. You can open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del, then find the process related to TuneUP Utilities as showed in the below image, highlight it and click “End Process” button.
- Click Start menu, go to Control Penal, and then under the “Program” category, click the link of “Uninstall a program”
- In the given program list, spot TuneUP Utilities, click on it and select “Uninstall”.
- Follow the instruction on your screen to uninstall TuneUP Utilities, after the procedure finished, restart your computer for once.
Well, you can’t expect simply performing the above steps can help you remove TuneUP Utilities completely, the traces still remain in your computer registry, you need to get rid of them as well, here is how
- Click Start, type in regedit in the search blank, press Enter in your keyboard to open Window Registry Editor.
- Using the > to navigate and expend the registry branch on the left pane, and locate this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
- Locate the registry key which contains “TuneUp” on the right hand pane.
- Delete the key containing “TuneUp”.
- Now go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software section. find out any subfolders containing the word “TuneUp” or the name of the company that produce the software in this registry folders (usually the company name is TuneUpMedia). Delete such registry subfolders containing TuneUp and TuneUpMedia.
- Close Windows Registry editor, and restart your computer to let all the changes in registry take effect.
Note: Keep in mind that editing and deleting registry keys can be risky and cause your computer unexpected problems. Please be careful about each operation during the using of registry editor.