How to Totally Remove Connectify Hotspot from Your Computer – Removal Guide
Connectify Hotspot is a virtual router software that allows users to transform their PCs into a WiFi hotspot and share Internet connection with other devices. Moreover, you can share files and folders with others on your network through a simple drag-and-drop interface. This program performs well to meet most users’ needs and even the beginners can use it to create a hotspot with ease.
However, some users reported that Connectify Hotspot was not compatible to their computers, or the update version was not as good as the older one. Not matter for what reason you decide to uninstall Connectify Hotspot, it could be possible that you run into troubles and fail to get rid of it totally. Have no clue how to remove unwanted program without hassle? Read on this post to learn some uninstall tricks.
Recommended Solution : Uninstall Connectify Hotspot within Three Steps
Wanna achieve a thorough removal of Connectify Hotspot with a minimal effort? You are highly recommended to employ our professional tool – Max Uninstaller – to get the job done. This utility is very easy to take in hand and powerful in removing any stubborn or corrupted program. The following three steps will enable you to get rid of Connectify Hotspot fully and immediately. Let’s begin now.
Step 1. Select target program.
- Run Max Uninstaller after exiting related processes. Select Connectify Hotspot in the list of installed programs, and click on Run Analysis to proceed.
Step 2. Scan for program components.
- Click on Complete Uninstall and follow the prompts to perform Connectify Hotspot uninstall process. Then click on Scan Leftovers to enter the next step.
Step 3. Perform complete uninstall.
Keep every box ticked and click on Delete Leftovers. Click Yes in the pop-up dialog box, and then all Connectify Hotspot leftovers will be removed instantly.
So straightforward and swift, right? Max Uninstaller may take even less than one minute to complete Connectify Hotspot removal. With this automatic tool in hand, you will find that uninstalling a program has never been so easy. If there are other PUPs/adware/malware installed on your computer (e.g. Search App by Ask, Ad-Aware Web Companion, Yet Another Cleaner), you can follow these simple steps to uninstall them as well. Besides, you can also try the conventional means (Windows Add/Remove Programs) to manually uninstall Connectify Hotspot. Continue reading.
Manual Removal Section 1: Uninstall Connectify Hotspot Program
To avoid unsuccessful or incomplete uninstall of Connectify Hotspot, please follow the steps below by sequence.
1. Reboot Computer into Safe Mode (optional)
On Windows 7:
- Reboot the computer and tap the F8 key as soon as the Windows’ logo appears.
- Select the regular Safe Mood and press Enter key.
On Windows 8:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys
- Type “msconfig” in the box and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface.
- Check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK.
- Click Restart in the pop-up dialog box to take effect.
Notice: after Connectify uninstall is completed, you should follow the steps above to uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your computer.
2.End Related Processes in Task Manager
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom and click Task Manager in the list.
- Select the process(es) associated with Connectify Hotspot in the Processes tab.
- Click on End Task to terminated them one by one
3.Uninstall Connectify Hotspot via Default Uninstaller
On Windows 7:
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Select the Control Panel in the list.
- Click on Programs in Control Panel interface.
- Highlight Connectify Hotspot and click on Uninstall/Change.
On Windows 8:
- Right click on the Start icon and click on Control Panel in the list.
- Click on Programs and Features in Control Panel.
- Right click Connectify Hotspot and click on Uninstall/Change.
As an alternative option, you can perform the uninstall using Connectify built-in uninstaller:
- Navigate to the installation folder of Connectify Hotspot, which is usually saved in C:/Programs Files (x86 – if you’re a 64-bit OS user).
- Double clicking the file named “uninstall.exe” to activate the uninstaller.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstall.
- Reboot your computer to take effect after the process is finished.
Manual Removal Section 2 – Remove Connectify Hotspot Vestiges
After uninstalling Connectify Hotspot, you should go on with removing its leftovers around your disk and registry to achieve a complete uninstall.
1. Files/Folders in Disk
- Click on Start > Control Panel > Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) in the Advanced settings.
- Click Apply and then OK in pop-up dialog boxes to save the changes.
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Connectify and delete this folder (if it still exists).
- Input the keyword(s) of target program or vendor in the search area.
- Click on Search Results in This PC and wait for the scanning.
- Go through and delete the matched items in the search results.
2.Keys/Values in Windows Registry
- (Right) click on the Start icon and then click on Search in the list.
- Type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Registry Editor.
- Click Find on the Edit menu in the Registry Editor.
- Type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box.
- Enter Find Next (and then hit F3) to locate and delete related keys or values.
Warning: the registry is a hierarchical database that stores low-level settings for the Windows operating system and for applications that opt to use the Registry, therefore any improper modification may cause serious problems to the operating system, such as preventing Windows from booting properly. To reduce any potential risk, you can make a backup copy of the registry, and if there is any wrong happens after modification, you still can restore the backup file to fix error. We do not recommend novice users to do that part by their own. For them a handy and reliable uninstaller will be a better option to clean out program leftovers.
This article describes two ways of uninstalling Connectify Hotspot. The all-in-one style uninstaller is more suitable for all level users, comparing with the conventional method that requires a certain degree of computer knowledge. Don’t hesitate to apply Max Uninstall right now and you will have a wonderful uninstall experience.