How to Fully Remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware 10.0
Developed by Austria-based Emsisoft GmbH, Emsisoft Anti-Malware is an antivirus and antispyware protection suite that guarantees superior detection, efficient removal, and a clean Windows operating system. It can monitors all active programs in real time for dangerous behavior and detect new unknown Trojans, Worms, Viruses and other damaging programs without daily updates. Yet, in any case you wanna uninstall this program, what steps will you take? Have you encountered any problem during the process? Here we provide two methods to guide you remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware effectively. To avoid possible incomplete uninstall or popping-up error messages, please follow the instructions below to ensure the success of removal.
Remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware via Control Panel:
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode
On Windows 7 :
- Reboot the computer > tap the F8 key as soon as the Windows’ logo appears > select the regular Safe Mood > press Enter key.
On Windows 8 :
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys > type “msconfig” and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface > check the “Safe boot” box > click on OK and restart your computer. (Notice: after the Kaspersky Antivirus uninstall is completed, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your computer).
2. Terminate all related processes in Task Manager
- Right click anywhere in the bottom bar of your screen > select Task Manager in the list.
- Select the background processes related to Emsisoft Anti-Malware and click End Task to terminate them one by one.
3. Uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware via Control Panel
On Windows 7:
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard ( or click on Start button in the lower-left corner) and select the Control Panel in the list. Click on Programs in Control Panel interface, highlight the Emsisoft Anti-Malware in the list and click on Uninstall/Change to activate the default uninstaller.
On Windows 8:
- Right click on the Start icon and click on Control Panel in the list. Click on Programs and Features in Control Panel, right click the Emsisoft Anti-Malware, click on Uninstall/Change and then follow the prompts to remove it.
- Alternatively, you can directly launch Emsisoft built-in uninstaller by double clicking unins000.exe in its installation folders.
- After the uninstall process is completed, restart your computer.
4. Manually clean out program leftovers.
Uninstalling Emsisoft Anti-Malware via Windows Add/Remove Programs only removes its main executable files, yet some of its invalid files remain in system registry or disk. You need to manually delete those remnants to avoid an overweight, bloated Windows registry and any incompatible issue when installing other programs.
- (Right) click on the Start icon, click on Search, type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Windows Registry Editor. Unfold:
HKCU \ Software \ Classes\ Local Settings \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Shell \ MuiCache
HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Classes\
HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ CLSID \
HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ Wow6432Node \ CLSID \
HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Shell Extension \
HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run \
to identify and delete the entries belonging to Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
Warning: As a collection of databases of configuration settings, the registry is quite crucial to Windows operating system. Before making any changes in the registry, you’d better backup the entire registry or the individual registry keys you’re planning to touch. Besides, some of the program leftovers are ambiguous to identify. To avoid any mis-operation in deleting registry entries, we strongly recommend you to apply Max Uninstall for safe and clean removal of Emsisoft components.
- Go to My Computer > C:\Program Files (86) \ > Emsisoft Anti-Malware
to delete this folder if it still exists.
After you have performed these steps, Emsisoft Anti-Malware should be successfully removed from your machine. Besides, Emsisoft also provide a specific tool (Emisclean) to remove remaining traces of its products in the case of incomplete uninstall.
For more antivirus removal guides, see:
How to Completely Remove Baidu Antivirus
How to Uninstall Rising Antivirus Easily and Quickly
How to Thoroughly Remove Kaspersky Antivirus 2016
How to Completely Uninstall BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2015
Remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware with Max Uninstaller (Recommended):
As an alternative to the default Windows uninstaller, Max Uninstaller provides a user-friendly shortcut to complete removal of any program. It will automatically scan every piece of the program and enables you to remove them with several clicks. Now let’s see how it helps you remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware quickly and easily.
1. Select target program.
Double click to launch Max Uninstaller after terminating related background processes> select Emsisoft Anti-Malware in the list of installed programs > click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
2. Scan for program components.
Review related Emsisoft Anti-Malware files, folders and registry entries, and then click the Complete Uninstall button to continue. During the process, click Yes in the dialog box and follow the prompts to complete Emsisoft Anti-Malware uninstall. After that, click Scan Leftovers to enter the next step.
3. Perform complete uninstall.
Review the program leftovers and click Delete Leftovers button > click Yes in the dialogue box, and then all Emsisoft Anti-Malware leftovers are instantly removed from your computer. So easy and quick, isn’t it?
Manually removing Emsisoft Anti-Malware as well as its remnants is not only intractable but also time-consuming for many computer users, and the Windows Programs applet in the Control Panel often fails to work effectively. But with a professional uninstaller you can achieve a clean, safe and time-saving removal of unwanted programs. Max Uninstaller comes in handy to all those who want to get rid of corrupted or stubborn programs with ease. If you have any trouble in uninstalling Emsisoft Anti-Malware, or you’re just tired of performing complex removal steps, Max Uninstaller may be exactly what you’re looking for!
For more PUP removal guides: