How to Remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from Your PC – MBAM Removal Guide
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) is an computer application designed by Malwarebytes to prevent malware infections comprehensively and crush online threats instantly with innovative technologies. It claims to be capable of protecting against malware in real-time, blocking malicious websites or phishing attempts, and scanning automatically on flexible modes while taking up less disk space. So far it got a score of 4.1/5 on the Softpedia website. Yet, there are some users who make complaints about its performance, such as MBAM frequently hangs during various operations, or the removal of infected files takes too much time to finish. Despite all its advantages and downsides, in any case if you don’t want to keep MBAM anymore, how to get it removed properly? Now this tutorial will offer you working solutions in detail to remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware thoroughly. Read on please.
Remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware with Max Uninstaller (Recommended):
Max Uninstaller is an effective and powerful uninstall tool that can be used to remove any unwanted or corrupted programs on Windows system. With it you can easily accomplish Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removal task within a few clicks.
Step 1. Select target program.
Launch Max Uninstaller after ending MBAM-related processes> select Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in the list > click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
Step 2. Scan for program components.
Review related files, folders and registry entries > click the Complete Uninstall button to continue (during the process, follow the prompts to complete uninstall process) > click Scan Leftovers to enter the next step.
Step 3. Perform complete uninstall.
Review MBAM leftovers and click Delete Leftovers button > click Yes and then OK in the dialogue boxes. After that, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and all its leftovers should be instantly removed from your PC.
To maintain system security or optimize computer performance, you may install some kinds of antivirus or optimizer ( such as Panda Antivirus Pro, Emsisoft Anti-Malware, Webroot SecureAnywhere, Win Thruster, etc.), and they do provide comprehensive services to keep your PC functioning well. As for the complete removal of these programs, Max Uninstaller is definitely a handy utility that helps you get rid of any program quickly and simply. In additional to this recommended removal solution, you can also try the conventional means (Windows Add/Remove Programs) and then manually remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware’s leftovers.
Part 1: How to Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Properly?
1.Reboot your computer into Safe Mode (optional).
Before uninstalling any program, you can restart Windows in Safe Mode to troubleshoot any problem that may cause unsuccessful or incomplete uninstallation. Of course you can skip this part and begin with step 2 below.
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig” and hit Enter key.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface, check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK. Then your computer will boot into Safe Mode after it restarts. (Notice: after the uninstall is finished, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC).
2.Terminate all Malwarebytes processes.
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom and click Task Manager in the list. Select all the related running processes and click End Task to terminate them one by one.
3.Uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- (Right) click on the Start icon and click on Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features in Control Panel, highlight Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in the list, click on Uninstall and then follow the prompts to uninstall it.
- As an alternative option, you can navigate to Malwarebytes installation folder (usually saved in C:\Program Files\), launch its built-in uninstaller by double clicking the file named unins000.exe, and follow the uninstall wizard to complete the process.
- Reboot your computer after the uninstall process is finished.
Part 2: How to Remove Malwarebytes remnants Completely?
After uninstalling Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, you still need to manually detect and clean out its remaining files, folders and registry entries. Try to search the directory for the target program and delete all the files in the directory first.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and delete this folder if it still exists. Or you can open File Explorer and type Malwarebytes in the search area. After a few seconds of scanning you can go through and delete the matched items associated with Malwarebytes in the search results.
- (Right) click on the Start icon, click on Search, type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Windows Registry Editor.
- Click Find on the Edit menu, type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box, and enter Find Next (or F3) to locate and delete related keys or values one after the other.
Notice: You must be very careful in modifying the registry keys or values. Some of the remaining registry entries are difficult to identify. Manually deleting leftovers in registry is not recommended for newbies to try, but you still can do it at your own risk. To avoid any potential mis-operation, you are strongly suggested to apply a professional uninstaller for safe and complete removal of Malwarebytes leftovers.
Otherwise, if necessary, you can download and run a tool (mbam-clean.exe) provided by Malwarebytes to remove all program traces including configuration settings, license information and anything else related to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, as it claims. After the removal part is finished, don’t forget to empty the Recycle Bin to permanently delete Malwarebytes and to free up your disk space.
Thoroughly removing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware used to be a headache for many users, for the regular uninstall method often fail to work effectively. In that case, a professional uninstall tool turns out to be helpful. Max Uninstaller has a friendly and simply interface and even the first-time users can easily operate any unwanted program uninstallation. If you confront any difficulty in uninstalling any unwanted program, don’t hesitate to apply this automatic tool and resolve your troubles!