How to Fully Remove PC Manager – PUPs Removal Guide
As a new free antivirus software developed by Tencent, PC Manager claims itself to offer strong and comprehensive protection for Windows system and fix performance issues on your PC. Once you launch it, it will run its built-in real-time protection in the background. This freeware promises to provide users with effective security and management solutions to various computer problems, and its reviewed score on the Softpedia website is 3.5/5. Nevertheless, some users may complain that PC Manager is kind of heavy on resources with its antivirus engines enabled and the quick scan still takes too much time to finish. In some cases if you don’t want to keep it anymore, what is the best solution to completely uninstall it? Now this article will give detailed instructions on how to remove PC Manager thoroughly and quickly.
Automatic Remove PC Manager with Max Uninstaller (Recommended):
Max Uninstaller is an effective and time-saving uninstall tool that can be used to remove any unwanted or corrupted programs on Windows system. With it you can easily accomplish PC Manager removal task within one minute.
1. Select target program.
Double click to run Max Uninstaller > select PC Manager in the list of installed programs > click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
2. Scan for program components.
Review related PC Manager files, folders and registry entries, and then click the Complete Uninstall button to continue. During the process, follow the prompts to complete PC Manager uninstall, and then click Scan Leftovers to enter the next step.
3. Perform complete uninstall.
Review the PC Manager leftovers > click Delete Leftovers button > click Yes and then OK in the dialogue boxes. After that, all PC Manager leftovers are instantly removed from your PC!
To maintain system security or optimize computer performance, you may install some kinds of antivirus ( such as Rising Antivirus, Baidu Antivirus, Avast Free Antivirus, AVG Antivirus, McAfee Antivirus Plus, etc.) or optimizer (like Reimage Repair, PC Keeper, SlimCleaner Plus, PC HealthBoost, etc.), and they do provide comprehensive services to keep your PC functioning well. As for the complete removal of these programs, Max Uninstaller is definitely a handy utility that helps you get rid of any potentially unwanted program without causing any troubles.
Manually Remove PC Manager via Control Panel:
In case you would like to remove PC Manager by yourself, here is the manual uninstall steps provided for you to follow.
1.Reboot your computer into Safe Mode.
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig” and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface, check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK. Then your computer will boot into Safe Mode after it restarts. (Notice: after the uninstall is finished, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC).
2.Terminate all PC Manager processes via Task Manager.
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom and click Task Manager in the list . Select all the related running processes and click End Task to terminate them.
3.Uninstall PC Manager via Control Panel.
- (Right) click on the Start icon and click on Control Panel ( or move your mouse cursor to the lower-right corner to open it from Settings).
- Click on Programs and Features in Control Panel, right click the PC Manager, click on Uninstall and then follow the prompts to remove it.
- Reboot your computer after the uninstall process is finished.
4.Clean out PC Manager remnants manually.
- (Right) click on the Start icon, click on Search, type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Windows Registry Editor.
to check whether there still exists any related files and folder. If so, delete them.
Notice: You must be very careful in making any change on the registry keys or values. It is not recommended but you still can do it at your own risk. The remaining registry entries of PC Manger are difficult to identify. To avoid any unnecessary mis-operation in this part, you are strongly suggested to apply Max Uninstall for safe removal of PC Manager leftovers.
- Navigate to:
My Computer > C:\Program Files (x86) \ > Tencent
My Computer > C:\Program Files (x86) \ > Common Files\ >Tencent
to check and delete any associated files named QQPCMgr.
Thoroughly removing PC Manager used to be a headache for many users, for the regular uninstall method often fail to work effectively. In that case, a professional uninstall tool turns out to be helpful. Max Uninstaller has a friendly and simply interface and even the first-time users can easily operate any unwanted program uninstallation. If you confront any difficulty in uninstalling any unwanted program, don’t hesitate to apply this automatic tool and resolve your troubles!