How to Remove Search.us.com Toolbar Virus and Reset Your Browser
Are you trouble with removing Search.us.com? Search.us.com toolbar is classified by many authoritative security sources as a type of browser redirect virus, many computer users downloads and installs this malware accidentally and their browser was hijacked instantly.
Main symptoms of Search.us.com virus infection
- Modify browser default homepages and other settings
- Redirect browser default search to Search.us.com
- Interferer other search engines
- Slow down website browsing speed.
- Generate annoying pop-up ads frequently.
Search.us.com toolbar usually bundled with many types of freeware which are available in many software download website such as Brothersoft, download.com, softonic.com, etc, so people can easily got infected unconsciously. Once you became the victim of Search.us.com virus, it will automatically generate ads according to your online search query, attempts to mislead you to visit malicious websites for purchasing their products. All these behaviours are base on the information Search.us.com virus collected from your computer, such as your personal information, browsing habit, etc, so, Search.us.com toolbar is very dangerous virus and should be removed as soon as you fond it, you can refer to the below INSTRUCTION.
Part 1: Completely remove Search.us.com toolbar and associated registry entries
Since the default uninstaller in Add/Remove program is unable to remove all the associated registry file of Search.us.com toolbar, and delete them manually from registry editor is kind of complicated and risky, it is suggested to use professional uninstaller – Max Uninstaller to help you automatically remove Search.us.com toolbar and associated components completely, which is a totally safe and convenient solution, all you need to do is perform the below 6 steps:
- Download Max Uninstaller and install it in your computer with ease.
- Launch MU, select Search.us.com toolbar in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After the components analysis, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the default removal.
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to find out all leftovers of Search.us.com toolbar.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers‘ and Max Uninstaller will remove all the leftovers it found.
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal.
Part 2: Remove Search.us.com toolbar from your browser
For Internet Explorer users:
- Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options
- In the Homepage section, remove the address of http://start.search.us.com/, change it to other webpage that you trusted (for example Google.com), or you can set a blank page by clicking Use Blank button.
- Click Settings in the Tab section.
- In the section of “When a new tab is opened, open:”, section, click the arrow button, and select ‘A blank page’.
- Click Advanced Tab in the Internet Options window, click Reset button.
- Check the box of ‘Delete personal settings’, and click on Reset button.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
For FireFox users
- Open FireFox
- Click Help menu (or click Firefox button), go to Troubleshooting Information.
- In the upper right of the Troubleshooting Information window, click Reset FireFox button.
- Click Reset Firefox in the pop-up window to start.
- After the reset is done, restart Firefox browser.
For Chrome users
- In the Extension window, click the recycle bin icon behind Search.us.com Toolbar to remove it.
- Click Chrome icon again, and select Settings, click Manage search engines.
- In the search engines window, click the X button behind Search.us.com.
- And then select google or other trusted search engines, click Make default button.
- Back to Settings window.
- In the ‘On Startup‘ section, click on ‘One the New Tab page’.
Well done, now you have successfully remove Search.us.com Toolbar Virus completely!