How to Remove Snap.do and search.snap.do Completely
“What the heck is search.snap.do? Every time I open my browser I see search.snap.do at my homepage, it has become the default search and it won’t allow me to change it back to previous status, what should I do? Is my computer infected by virus or something? How can I get rid of snap.do toolbar and restore my browser?”
I believe many computer users are suffering the problem as above, Snap.do is classified as a typical malware program, once it get inside the computer, it is able to hijack browser homepage and redirect the default search to search.snap.do search result. Snap.do is usually distributed through freeware bundles, so it is easy for computer users to install it in their computers without notice. Well, it is time to learn how to remove/uninstall Snap.do from your computer completely.
Snap.do installation default settings
What is the best solution to remove Snap.do and search.snap.do?
To remove Snap.do could be very simply by using reliable professional like Max Uninstaller. Max Uninstaller is designed to help computer users to remove stubborn or annoying Windows applications/programs completely.
Max Uninstaller has straightforward interface, it is easy to use and the whole process is automatic, see the below video demonstration of how
- Download Max Uninstaller, install it in your computer with ease.
- Launch MU, select Snap.do in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After its done, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the default removal.
- Once the default removal is finished, click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button allow Max Uninstaller to scan over your computer and find out all the remains of Snap.do.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’to remove all found leftovers
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal.
Can Max Uninstaller help me to remove search.snap.do and reset my browsers?
Of course you can, Max Uninstaller equip with a special feature named Plug-In Cleaner, which allows users to restore their IE, FF, Chrome browsers’ settings (including homepage and default search) to previous status.
- First close your web browser .
- Open Max Uninstaller.
- Click ‘Plug-in Cleaner‘ on the bottom of the interface. (if you are unable to find the ‘Plug-in Cleaner‘, please click the Update button on the top right corner of the program interface.)
- Click ‘Scan Now’ button.
- Select one of the toolbar/plug-in in the list (anyone is OK), and then click ‘Clean’ button.
- Click ‘Yes‘ in the pop-up message.
- Now you can re-open your browser, and you may find that the settings of your browser have been restored to previous status.
How to manually remove Snap.do
Manual solution is a bit of complicated, but it is still feasible to completely remove Snap.do if you cover all the necessary steps as following:
Note: the removal of Snap.do involved in editing registry data, if you are not familiar with using registry editor, please click File menu in the registry editor, click Export to create a backup of the current registry data of your computer, if you mistakenly delete the wrong entries, you can use the backup file to restore your registry to previous status.
- Click Settings > Control Panel
- Click ‘Uninstall a program’ link in the Control Panel.
- Select Snap.do in the program list, right click it and click Uninstall.
- You will receive message asking you “Are you sure you want to uninstall Snap.do?” click ‘Yes’ to continue.
- If your browser is still opening, close it(them) first. Click Yes to continue.
- The uninstall wizard will also asking you whether you want to restore your browser settings. Click Yes and the removal will then be started.
- After the removal finish, press Windows button + R key to open Run commend window.
- Type in regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor
- Navigate the registry editor, find out and delete the leftover registry entry folder named “Smartbar”showed in the below screen shot.
- Reboot your computer after you finished the above steps.
If you forgot to restore your browsers’ settings during the installation, you can download Max Uninstaller and apply the Plug-in Cleaner to help you out.