How to Remove WeatherBlink Toolbar – maxuninstaller.com PUP Removal Guide
WeatherBlink Toolbar has been classified by authoritative online threat detection engines as malware/browser hijacker, or PUP(short for potentially unwanted program). It is recommended to remove WeatherBlink Toolbar for the safety of your computer. If you found this malware on your computer and don’t know how to get rid of it, see the below instruction.
WeatherBlink Toolbar spreads on the internet through freeware downloads from download websites like Softonic, CNET or Brothersoft, etc, once you installed the freeware that bundled with this malware, WeatherBlink Toolbar will be installed into your system, since that moment, your browser (including FireFox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) is hijacked, the homepage will be changed without your notice, and every time you search thing with the default search engine, the result will be redirected to search.tb.ask.com. What’s more annoying is that, WeatherBlink Toolbar will also created random adds that will pop-up while you are surfing the internet which will ruin user experiences and greatly slow down the browsers.
You can find WeatherBlink Toolbar is bundled in many different kind of freeware, DivX Player is one of the typical. When you are attempting to install this program on your computer, the default installation options will include WeatherBlink Toolbar and also changing your browser homepage and default search engine. In short, users should always be aware the program they download as 90% of the freeware on the internet are bundled with PUP, which will potentially mess up your computer.
Manual Ways to Uninstall WeatherBlink Toolbar
1. Uninstall WeatherBlink Toolbar from Your Computer
The plug-in may include several programs for different kind of browsers (IE FF Chrome) , which you will need to delete from your computer to completely uninstall Blah Toolbar. Steps are as follows:
Open the Control Panel;
- Windows 7 user: click the “Start” button at the lower left corner → click “Control Panel” → click “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
- Windows 8 user: hover your mouse pointer at the lower right corner → click “Search” → type in “Control Panel” → press “Enter” key → click “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section;
As you can see in the window appeared hereinafter, locate WeatherBlink Toolbar in the list. (The name of program may appeared differently in different circumstances like WeatherBlink Toolbar or WeatherBlink Toolbar Toolbar for IE/FF/Chrome)
Double-click it to start the uninstalling.
2. Delete WeatherBlink Toolbar from web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox).
Sometimes after you visit a website, the plug-in can be automatically added to your web browser without taking an installation package. In that case, you will not able to see it in the program list of control panel. Therefore, to correctly remove it, you need to manually restore your web browser’s setting instead.
Remove WeatherBlink Toolbar from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer → click on the gear icon at the upper right corner → select “Internet options”;
- Click the “Advanced” tab in the box appeared → click on the “Reset” button
- Select the “Delete personal settings” in the Reset Internet Explorer Setting box → click “Reset”
- Wait until the resetting is finished → click “Close” in the confirmation dialogue box → click “OK”;
- Re-open Internet Explorer.
Remove WeatherBlink Toolbar from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome → click on (menu) at the upper right corner → select “Tools” → click “Extensions”;
- The “Extension” tab will be presented like a web page, click on icon to remove WeatherBlink Toolbar ;
- To set the default search engine of Google Chrome from ask.com to Google, click on (menu) at the upper right corner → select “Settings” → click “Manage search engines” in Search section → select Google, and click the “Make Default” button appeared → find ask.com in the list, and click on “X” button at the right side;
- To change the homepage of Google Chrome from ask.com to its own default, click on (menu) → select “Settings” → click “One the New Tab page” under the “On Startup” section;
Remove WeatherBlink Toolbar from Firefox
- Open Firefox → click the orange “Firefox” button at the upper left corner → click “Add-ons”;
- Click the “Extensions” tab → click on “Remove” button appeared in the item of WeatherBlink Toolbar ;
- To reset the default search engine and homepage of Firefox from ask.com to its own default, download the SearchReset on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/searchreset/ → install it, and restore the default homepage of Firefox with it.
- Open Firefox → click the orange “Firefox” button at the upper left corner → click “Help” → “Troubleshooting Information”;
- Click on “Reset Firefox…” button showed on the right.
- Firefox will close and be reset by itself, after which a window will list the details imported. Then you may click “Finish”, and Firefox will open.
Save troubles to perfectly Uninstall WeatherBlink Toolbar
Hopefully the instructions above can be fully understood. If you are seeking for an easier approach to get rid of this toolbar, continue your reading here:
- Download, install, and start Max Uninstaller;
- Choose WeatherBlink Toolbar icon, and click “Run Analysis” in Step 1;
- Select the item presented, click “Complete Uninstall”, and click “Next” on the pop-up window to proceed the uninstall;
- Remove WeatherBlink Toolbar from relevant web browser with Max Uninstaller’s Plug-in Cleaner;
- When it tells you “Please wait while it initializes the uninstall process.”, click “Scan Leftovers”;
- Select the item displayed in Step 3, and click “Delete Leftovers”.
By applying Max Uninstaller, now you must have removed WeatherBlink Toolbar successfully. What if this annoying toolbar still can be found on your browsers? Take it easy, you still can get effective help from Max Uninstaller program.
- First please make sure no browser is open in your system.
- Open Max Uninstaller Click Plug-In-Cleaner in left side of the MU program interface.
- Click Scan now button.
- Locate WeatherBlink Toolbar in the list and click Clean button.
After the removal finish, restart your PC once and you will find WeatherBlink Toolbar has gone and your browser settings like homepage & default search engine have also been restored to original status.