How to Thoroughly Remove Word Shark without Any Hassle
Though claiming itself as an browser plugin that makes searching and translating information online easy, Word Shark has been detected as an adware program that displays pop-up advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing. And it invades your computer by inserting into web pages, converting words on pages you view into hyperlinks that are linked to advertisements, changing browser settings to enable Word Shark functionality, etc. Typically Word Shark is bundled with other free softwares and then get installed in your computer without your knowledge. If you are one of those who disgust advertising banners, pop-up ads and in-text ads, you’d better remove Word Shark from your PC as soon as possible. Have no idea how to remove it correctly? Here two uninstall methods are provided (both manually and automatically) for you to to get rid of this program thoroughly.
This Word Shark removal guide includes three parts: manually removing via Control Panel, automatic removing with Max Uninstaller and removing Word Shark from web browsers. You can click the links below to access to the specific content:
Manually Remove Word Shark via Control Panel:
1. Reboot your computer system into Safe Mode.
- On Windows 7 :
Reboot the computer > tap the F8 key as soon as the Windows’ logo appears > select the regular Safe Mood > press Enter key.
- On Windows 8 :
Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys > type “msconfig” and click on OK
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface > check the “Safe boot” box > click on OK> restart your computer.
(Notice: after the Word Shark uninstall is completed, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your computer).
2. Completely shut down Word Shark by Task Manager.
- Right click anywhere in the bottom bar of your screen > select Task Manager in the list > select Word Shark in the Process tab > click End Task to terminate it.
3. Uninstall Word Shark from Control Panel.
- On Windows 7:
Click on Start button in the lower-left corner > select the Control Panel in the list > click on Programs in Control Panel interface > right click Word Shark in the list and click on Uninstall to activate its default uninstaller.
- On Windows 8:
Move your mouse cursor to the lower-right corner to open Control Panel from Settings > click on Programs and Features > right click the Word Shark, click on Uninstall/Change and then follow the prompts to remove it.
4. Clean out all components connected with Word Shark.
After the Word Shark program has been uninstalled, you can scan whether there still exists remaining folder connected with Word Shark, and then restart the system to complete its removal. Or you can launch your antivirus to scan the leftovers and repair your system if necessary.
- (Right) click on the Start icon > click on Search > type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Windows Registry Editor.
- Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software
to see if there is any folder related to Word Shark. If so, delete them.
- Navigate to:
My Computer > C:\Program Files (x86)
My Computer > C:\Program Files (x86) \ > Common Files
to search for and delete any folder associated with Word Shark.
Warning: Manually removing those registry entries, installation folder and temporary files is not only tedious but also risk-taking. You are not supposed to delete anything unless you are sure of what it is. To avoid any possible mis-operation, we strongly recommend you to apply Max Uninstall for safe removal of Word Shark components.
Automatically Remove Word Shark with Max Uninstall (recommended):
Feel troublesome to follow the aforementioned uninstall steps? Wanna make it much easier and faster? Why not try a professional uninstall tool to automatically get rid of this annoying adware? Max Uninstall is a very powerful and convenient tool that helps you swipe out any unwanted programs, and the following three steps will enable you to remove Word Shark without leaving any remnants.
1. Select target program.
Double click to activate Max Uninstaller > select Word Shark in the list of installed programs > click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
2. Scan for program components.
Review related Word Shark files, folders and registry entries, and then click the Complete Uninstall button to continue. During the process, follow the prompts to complete Word Shark uninstall, and then click Scan Leftovers to enter the next step.
3. Perform complete uninstall.
Review the Word Shark leftovers and click Delete Leftovers button > click Yes in the dialogue box and then all its leftovers are instantly removed from your computer.
How to Remove Word Shark from Web Browser:
Though the Word Shark application has been removed from your computer, you are supposed to check if its extension, add-on, or BHO still exists in your browsers. If so, follow the instruction below to remove them correctly.
- Open Google Chrome > click on Menu icon at the top-right corner > click on Settings in the list.
- Select Extension on the sidebar > select Word Shark add-on in the list and then click Trash Can icon to remove it > restart Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox > click on Menu icon in the top-right corner.
- Click on Add-ons icon > click on Extension on the left > locate Word Shark add-on in the list and then click Remove button > restart Firefox to complete the removal.
3. Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer > click Tools icon in the top-right corner > click on Manage add-ons.
Select Toolbars and Extensions tab on the left > right click on Word Shark and click Disable option > restart IE.
For those who are upset about adware installed in their computers, this article provides a detailed instruction on how to thoroughly remove Word Shark program and its extension. Sometimes manually removing those adware via Windows Add/Remove Program applet fails to work effectively, and a professional uninstaller do help you resolve any possible uninstall problems. Don’t hesitate to have a try on it right now!
For more PUPs information: