3DP Chip Removal Guide – How to Uninstall 3DP Chip Completely
3DP Chip claims to be a freeware designed to minimize users’ effort in finding the drivers for their PCs’ components. It can display the information of CPU, motherboard, video card and sound card, ETC installed on your PC, and offer downloads of the latest drivers for these components to get your system running. This program brings convenience for those who have hardware difficulties on Windows machine. Yet it also got some negative user reviews on Download.com, such as some crapware/adware may be installed by default during its installation. So what if you want to uninstall or reinstall it for personal reasons? Is it a easy-to-complete task, or an issue that gets you into a jam? If you get lost in uninstalling 3DP Chip, just read this tutorial to see if it is workable to solve your problem. It will guide you through detailed removal steps. First of all you can try the conventional method (Windows Add/Remove Programs) to uninstall 3DP Chip and then wipe out its traces manually.
Part 1: How to Uninstall 3DP Chip Manually?
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode (optional)
Before uninstalling any program, you can restart Windows in Safe Mode to troubleshoot potential problems that may cause unsuccessful or incomplete uninstall. Or you can skip this part and begin with step 2 below.
On Windows 7:
- Reboot the computer, tap the F8 key as soon as you see the Windows’ logo appearing, select the regular Safe Mood and press Enter key.
On Windows 8:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig” and click on OK. Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface, check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK. Then your computer will boot into Safe Mode after it restarts. (Notice: after the uninstall process is finished, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC).
2.Shut down related processes in Task Manager
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom of the screen and click Task Manager in the list. Select the process(es) associated with 3DP Chip in the Processes tab, and then click on End Task to terminated them one by one.
3.Uninstall 3DP Chip via Control Panel/built-in uninstaller
- (Right) click on the Start menu and click on Control Panel in the list. Click on Programs and Features in Control Panel, highlight 3DP Chip in the list of installed programs and click on Uninstall/Change to begin the uninstall.
- Alternatively, you can go to the installation folder of 3DP Chip (usually saved in C:/Program Files(x86)/) and activate its built-in uninstaller by double clicking on the file named uninst.exe. Then follow the prompts to complete the uninstall.
- Reboot your system to take effect after the uninstall process is finished.
Part 2: How to Remove 3DP Chip leftovers?
After successfully uninstalling 3DP Chip program, you still need to manually detect and clean out its remaining files, folders and registry entries. Try to search the directory for this program and delete all the files in the directory first.
- Click on Start – Control Panel – Folder Options, and then click the View tab. Tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) in the Advanced settings. Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
- Navigate to C:/Program Files(x86)/3DP Chip and delete this folder if it still exists. Besides, you can type 3DP Chip in the search area, go through and delete the matched items belonging to this program in the search results.
(2) Registry entries
- (Right) click on the Start icon, click on Search, type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Windows Registry Editor.
- Click Find on the Edit menu, type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box, and enter Find Next (or F3) to locate and delete related keys or values one after the other.
Warning: as the registry is a database that stores crucial system configuration and settings, any improper modification may bring risks to the stability or normal operation of Windows system. You’d better make a backup copy of the registry entries you gonna delete, thus if there is something wrong after modification, you can restore them to fix errors. See How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.
After performing these steps you should have successfully remove 3DP Chip from your PC. However, this regular solution seems to be a little time-consuming and complicated, especially for novice users. Thus, to avoid potential risks and save your valuable time in deleting program remnants, you are suggested to utilize a professional uninstaller to remove 3DP Chip as well as its leftovers.
Recommended Solution: Remove 3DP Chip with Max Uninstaller
As a advanced, reliable and easy-to-use utility, Max Uninstaller provides a user-friendly shortcut to uninstall any unwanted, stubborn or corrupted programs. It can detect and delete every piece of target program within a few clicks. Download this handy tool here and see how it helps you remove 3DP Chip thoroughly.
1. Select target program.
Launch Max Uninstaller after exiting 3DP Chip > select 3DP Chip in the list of installed programs > click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
2. Scan for program components.
Review related files, folders and registry entries > click the Complete Uninstall button to activate default uninstaller (during this process, follow the prompts to complete the uninstall) > click Scan Leftovers button to enter the last step.
3. Perform complete uninstall.
Review the leftovers and click Delete Leftovers button > click Yes in the dialogue box > click OK in the pop-up window, and then all 3DP Chip leftovers are completely removed from your computer. Incredibly easy, right?
This post describes detailed solution to uninstall 3DP Chip in full. If you have any problems in uninstalling potentially unwanted program, leave your comment here. For more PUPs removal guides, see: