Cannot Uninstall ALOT Toolbar? maxuninstaller.com Howto Guide
ALOT Toolbar allows users to navigate news websites freely, and you can use it to search the latest new stories by using several features it offers. However, some of the ALOT Toolbar users complains that this toolbar reduces browsing speed as it has too much buttons and ads, and also, it is hard to be removed, if you experience dilemma of uninstalling ALOT Toolbar, the below instruction should help you out.
Manual solution to uninstall ALOT Toolbar
Step 1: Before you start the removal, it is suggested to disable this toolbar first.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Right click on the toolbar section.
- Uncheck the option of ALOT Toolbar in the appeared menu.
- Now close the IE browser.
Step 2: Uninstall it from Add/Remove program
- Click Start menu, and go to Control Panel.
- Click on Add/Remove program.
- ALOT Toolbar should be listed in the Add/Remove program, select it and click the Remove button.
- In the pop-up uninstall wizard, select two option of ALOT Toolbar + ALOT Home (by selecting the ALOT Home, the wizard will remove the ALOT homepage and restore it to your previous settings) and click Next button.
- Wait for the removal process finished and click Close button.
Step 3: Delete registry leftovers.
- Press Windows Start + R key together.
- Type in regedit in the pop-up box and press Enter key to open registry editor.
- Navigate the registry editor, open the folder of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Under this folder, go to SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Uninstall
- Find out the folder named alotToolbar and delete it from the directory.
- Reboot the computer.
Warning: if it is the first time you use registry editor, considering the safety of your computer, we recommend you to backup the registry first before any operation is conducted.
How to backup registry
- Open registry editor.
- Click the File menu, select Export.
- Click “All” in the export range section.
- Renamed the backup file and select the location you want to save the file.
- Click Save button.
Step 4: Delete other leftover files / folder
- Go to Start > Search > Files or Folders.
- Select the option of ‘All files and folders’.
- Type in ALOT Toolbar in the search field and hit search button.
- Delete all the found files and folders.
Now ALOT Toolbar should have been completely removed from your computer. If you met problems/errors during the removal, or you don’t know how to delete leftovers, you can use Max Uninstaller to help you out.
Uninstall ALOT Toolbar automatically
Max Uninstaller is a special designed uninstaller tool, it helps computer users remove any types of application/software completely and automatically.
How Max Uninstaller work to uninstall ALOT Toolbar – Video demonstration
- Download Max Uninstaller here , install it in your PC
- launch MU after the installation.
- Select ALOT Toolba in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After the components analysis, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the standard removal.
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to conduct a full scan on your computer for leftovers of ALOT Toolba.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’and Max Uninstaller remove all the leftovers it found.
- Click OK to finish the removal process and close Max Uninstaller.