How to Uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 – Step-by-Step Guide
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 bring us solutions to stop internet threats, secure the online transactions, as well as protect your privacy on the networks, frankly speaking, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 works well at its duty, but the un-installation of this program can be complicated and troublesome sometimes, we receive reports from some users as they complained that they are unable to remove Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 completely, they can always find the remains in their computer or they simply can not get it removed due to certain uninstall errors. If you are experiencing same kind of trouble, please refer to the below uninstall tutorial to completely uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 from your computer.
How to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 manually
In order to ensure a complete removal or the program, the manual solution involve 3 parts.
Part 1: Close Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 and disable the related process
If Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 is currently running, turn off it. The open Windows Task Manager by pressing “Alt+Ctrl+Del” at the same time, then click on the Process tab at the window, select on the process named “bdagent.exe”, then click the end process button. Do make sure to get this step done, otherwise you may experience errors during the un-installation and lead to incomplete removal.
Part 2: Uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 from control panel
- Click Start button of Windows.
- Select on Control Panel, click uninstall a program link under the program link.
- In the program list, right click on Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 and click Uninstall option.
- In the appeared window, click on the second option.
- In the next window, click the second option of “full uninstall of Bitdefender” and click the Next button.
- Wait a few second to allow the uninstall process to be completed.
- Click “Restart” button in the next window.
Part 3: Remove program leftovers
- Click the Start button.
- In the search box, type in “regedit” and hit Enter key on your keyboard to open Registry Editor.
- Navigate the registry branch tree on the left side and locate the registry keys that related to Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013.
- Delete them one by one by right clicking on a specific key.
- Reboot your computer to let the new change take effect.
If you had successfully performed the above 3 parts, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 should have been removed from your computer completely
Uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 automatically
If you encountered error during the removal, or you don’t know how to delete the registry components of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 and simply want an easier way to uninstall this program, you can try out Max Uninstaller, a program designed to help you uninstall any problematic or stubborn program from your computer completely and quickly.
Video demonstration – How to uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 completely with Max Uninstaller
Step 1: Download Max Uninstaller here, install it in your computer.
Step 2:Open Max Uninstaller, select Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 in the right hand list, then click “Run Analysis”
Step 3: After all program files/folders and associated registry entries are scanned out. Click “Complete Uninstall” to start the Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 removal. Click “Yes” to confirm the action.
Step 4: After the normal removal complete, click Finish button in the appeared window (do not click “Restart” button)
Step 5: Click “Scan Leftovers”, and Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for program leftover.
Step 6: After the scan finish, click “Delete Leftovers” and “Yes” button to thoroughly remove all the leftovers.
Step 7: Click OK button to finish the removal of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013.
Congratulations! Now you have successfully uninstalled Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 thoroughly from your computer!
How to fix Bitdefender update error
During the update of Bitdefender product, users may receive error message which contains different error code including 1001,1002,1011,1017, this type of error can be caused by various factors, if you encounter similar problem, refer to the below instruction to troubleshot the error.
Causes1:The DNS of your computer is invalid.
Solution: Change the DNS by performing the below steps
- Click Start menu and click on Run
- In the Run box, type in ncpa.cpl (for Windows Vista or 7 users, type the commend directly in the Search bar)
- Press Enter key of your keyboard.
- Right click on Internet connection and the select Properties.
- Double click the option of Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Check the option of ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’ and click OK to finish.
If you are using Manual DNS Settings, check the option of ‘Use the following DNS Server addresses’, and then type in the DNS provided by your Internet Service Providers
Causes2: Bitdefender Update Server is blocked by your local Internet Service Provider.
Solution: Click Start, and click Run, type in CMD and hit OK to open Command Prompt. In the appeared black window, type in nslookup upgrade.bitdefender.com and press Enter. If you see the prompt of ‘Can’t find server name or Non-existent domain’ in the Command Prompt window, that means Bitdefender Update Server is blocked by your local Internet Service Provider, you may call your Internet Service Provider for support in this situation.