How to Completely Uninstall BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2015
BitDefender Antivirus Plus, developed by Romania-based software developer Softwin, claims itself as an versatile anti-virus application ensuring the system security from e-threats. And its reviewed score on the Softpedia website is 4.0/5. Despite the protection it brings to your computer, you might encounter a variety of problems when it is running on your system, and you decide to repair or even uninstall it. However, you may be caught in the dilemma that both uninstalling and reinstalling this program fail to work. How to fix installation errors? What is the proper way to get rid of it? If you are puzzled by these troubles, then you come to the right place. This article details two removal solution, both manually and automatically, to ensure a safe and clean removal of BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2015.
Manual Way to Uninstall BitDefender Antivirus Plus:
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode.
On Windows 7:
- Reboot the computer, tap the F8 key as soon as you see the Windows’ logo appearing, select the regular Safe Mood and press Enter key.
On Windows 8:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig” and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface, check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK. Then your computer will boot into Safe Mode after it restarts. (Notice: after the uninstall is finished, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC).
2. Terminate all BitDefender processes in Task Manager.
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom and click Task Manager in the list (or you can click Ctrl + Alt + Del to activate it).
- Select all the related background processes and click End Task to terminate them.
3. Uninstall BitDefender Antivirus Plus via Control Panel.
On Windows 7:
- Click on Start button in the lower-left corner and select the Control Panel in the list.
- Click on Programs in Control Panel interface, highlight the BitDefender Antivirus Plus in the list and click on Uninstall/Change to activate the default uninstaller.
On Windows 8:
- Right click on the Start icon and click on Control Panel ( or move your mouse cursor to the lower-right corner to open it from Settings). Click on Programs and Features in Control Panel, right click the BitDefender Antivirus Plus, click on Uninstall/Change and then follow the prompts to remove it.
- Click on Remove in this pop-up window.
- Check this box “I want to permanently remove it” and then click Next in this pop-up window to proceed.
- Uncheck this box “Install BitDefender 60-Second Virus Scanner” and then click Next in this pop-up window.
- After the uninstall process is completed, restart your computer.
4. Manually clean out BitDefender Antivirus Plus leftovers.
You should be noticed that, uninstalling a program via Windows Add/Remove Programs only removes the main executable files of this program, yet some of its invalid files may remain in system registry or folders. You need to manually delete those remnants to avoid an overweight, bloated Windows registry and any incompatible issues of other programs installation.
- (Right) click on the Start icon, click on Search, type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Windows Registry Editor.
to identify and delete the files and folder associated with BitDefender.
Warning: Unless you are quite proficient in computer system operation, you are not suggested to make any change on the registry keys or values. Besides, some of the BitDefender registry entries are ambiguous to identify or tricky to locate. To avoid any mis-operation in deleting registry entries, you are recommended to apply Max Uninstall for safe and clean removal of BitDefender components.
- Go to My Computer > C:\Program Files \ > BitDefenderto delete this folder if it still exists.
Otherwise, BitDefender provides a specifi uninstall tool for users to download and uninstall any of its products. You can also launch this application to remove the traces of BitDefender after uninstall Antivirus Plus from Control Panel (see How to uninstall Bitdefender), and then search your computer to make sure there is no remnants left.
After you have performed these 4 steps, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 should be successfully removed from your computer. For more BitDefender removal guides, see How to Completely Uninstall BitDefender Total Security 2015, How to Uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 and Bitdefender Removal instruction, How Can I Remove Bitdefender Completely.
Recommended Solution to BitDefender Antivirus Plus Removal:
Being warmed that “this program might not have uninstalled correctly” when manually uninstalling BitDefender Antivirus Plus? Uncertain if there is any leftover stays on your hard disk? If you are looking for an effective and time-saving way to thoroughly uninstall BitDefender products, please continue reading. Max Uninstaller is a professional third-party uninstall utility that helps you get rid of any unwanted program without causing any trouble. Let’s see how it works to fully remove BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2015 within a few clicks!
1. Select target program.
Double click to launch Max Uninstaller > select BitDefender Antivirus Plus in the list of installed programs > click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
2. Scan for program components.
Review related BitDefender Antivirus Plus files, folders and registry entries, and then click the Complete Uninstall button to continue. During the process, click Yes in the dialog boxes and follow the prompts to complete BitDefender Antivirus Plus uninstall. After that, click Scan Leftovers to enter the next step.
3. Perform complete uninstall.
Review the program leftovers and click Delete Leftovers button. Click Yes in the dialogue box, and then all BitDefender Antivirus Plus leftovers are instantly removed from your computer.
Completely uninstalling BitDefender Antivirus Plus is a complex and tricky task for many computer users. The first solution provided here works in most cases. But with Max Uninstaller you can save your time and energy to complete BitDefender removal, without worrying any remnants left on your PC. Why not have a try now?
For more antivirus removal guides, please click here.