How to Uninstall Driver Booster – Driver Booster Removal Guide
As a one-click driver updater offered by IObit, Driver Booster claims to support over 200,000 drivers and maintain hardware devices by updating outdated, missing, and faulty drivers for common users. It offers detailed information about device drivers detected on the system, allows users to schedule periodic scans and includes the feature of creating restore points before installing drivers. Simplifying the process of driver update, this program received many positive user reviews on most download websites. As for its disadvantages, some users complaint that only the registration user can restore the original driver backup in this program, and that its built-in uninstaller only remove a part of the entire suite while invalid files remain in the system.
Anyway, if Driver Booster does not meet your expectation, and you decide to uninstall it entirely, here is a removal tutorial provided for your reference. Firstly you can follow the conventional steps presented below to uninstall Driver Booster. You can also skip to the recommended solution: Can I Remove Driver Booster Completely within a Few Clicks? Yes! to save your time and energy in any program removal.
Section 1 : Uninstall Driver Booster via Windows Add/Remove Programs
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode (optional)
Before uninstalling any program, you can restart Windows in Safe Mode to troubleshoot potential problems that may cause unsuccessful or incomplete uninstall. Or you can skip this part and begin with step 2 below.
On Windows 7:
- Reboot the computer, tap the F8 key as soon as you see the Windows’ logo appearing, select the regular Safe Mood and press Enter key.
On Windows 8:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig” and click on OK. Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface, check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK. Then your computer will boot into Safe Mode after it restarts. (Notice: after the uninstall process is finished, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC).
2.Shut down related background processes in Task Manager
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom of the screen and click Task Manager in the list.
- Select the process(es) associated with Driver Booster in the Processes tab, and then click on End Task to terminated them one by one.
3.Uninstall Driver Booster via Control Panel/built-in uninstaller
On Windows 7:
- Hit the Windows key on the keyboard and select Control Panel in the list. Choose View by Category in the upper-right corner and click on Programs. Right click on Driver Booster and click on Uninstall/Change to activate default uninstaller.
On Windows 8:
- Right click on Start menu and then Programs and Features in the list.
- Highlight Driver Booster with one single click and click on Uninstall to begin the uninstall.
- Alternatively, you can go to the installation folder of Driver Booster (usually saved in C:/Program Files/IObit/) and activate the built-in uninstaller by double clicking on the file named unins000.exe.
- Then follow the prompts to complete the uninstall.
- Reboot your computer after the uninstall process is completed.
Section 2 : Delete Driver Booster Leftover in Registry and Hard Disk
After uninstalling Driver Booster program, you still need to manually detect and remove its remaining files and registry entries to avoid unnecessary waste of disk space. Try to search the directory for this program and delete all the files first.
- Click on Start – Control Panel – Folder Options, and then click the View tab. Tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) in the Advanced settings. Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
- Navigate to C:/Program Files/IObit/Driver Booster and delete this folder if it still exists.
- Additionally, you can open File Explorer, type Driver Booster in the search area, then go through the matched items in the search results and delete all traces of this program.
2. Registry entries
- (Right) click on the Start icon, click on Search, type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Windows Registry Editor.
- Click Find on the Edit menu in the Registry Editor. Type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box, then click on Find Next (or hit F3 key) to locate and delete related keys or values one after the other.
Warning: as the registry stores crucial system configuration and settings, any improper modification might have a negative impact on computer performance or even cause system crash. As a precautionary measure, we recommend you to create a back up of the entries you gonna delete. If there is any wrong after deleting, you can restore the backup file to fix problems. How to Back up and restore the Registry?
After you have performed all the steps mentioned above, Driver Booster should be removed successfully from your PC. This conventional method works for most of the programs running on Windows OS, such as DriverEasy, 3DP Chip, UpdateMyDrivers, etc. Yet, some people might think it is a little time-consuming or complicated to perform, and they wonder if they can take a shortcut when uninstalling unwanted any program. If you are also looking for an overall solution to Driver Booster removal, we strongly recommend you to utilize a professional uninstaller to get the job done.
Can I Remove Driver Booster Completely within a Few Clicks? Yes!
As one of the best uninstaller running on Windows OS, Max Uninstaller is designed to complete any unwanted, stubborn or corrupted program removal in three simple steps. Facilitated by highly engineered uninstall engine, it can remove all files, folders, and registry entries/keys associated with the target program once for all. Download this automatic tool here and see how it works to remove Driver Booster.
1. Select target program.
Launch Max Uninstaller after exiting related processes > select Driver Booster in the list of installed programs > click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
2. Scan for program components.
Review related files, folders and registry entries > click the Complete Uninstall button to activate default uninstaller (during this process, follow the prompts to complete the uninstall) > click Scan Leftovers button to enter the last step.
3. Perform complete uninstall.
Keep every box ticked and click Delete Leftovers button > click Yes in the dialogue box > click OK in the pop-up window, and then all Driver Booster leftovers are completely removed from your computer. Incredibly easy, right?
This article details two practical solutions to remove Driver Booster in full. With Max Uninstaller in hand you will surprisingly find that uninstalling program has never been so easy and straightforward. If you still have any question or suggestion about PUP removal, feel free to leave your comment here, or ask our technicians for help.