DriverEasy Removal Guide – How to Uninstall DriverEasy without hassle
As a hassle-free program developed by Easeware to keep PC software/hardware fixed and updated, DriverEasy claims itself to be capable of identifying device driver problems, fixing missing, outdated or mismatched drivers and therefore improving computer performance. Moreover, it can create drive backup files and use them to roll back any changes if necessary. Users can save much time on installing needy drivers by using Driver Easy.
Yet, DriverEasy also has its shortcomings. It may not fully work with all PC manufacturer components, and driver updates are limited in the free trial version. Occasionally users complain that the the driver it downloads and installs turns out to be ironically out-of-date or mismatched, and that technical support seems to be non-responsive. Additionally. consuming a moderate-to-high amount of system resource, it sometimes freezes during download tasks. Anyway, if any program doesn’t work as expected and you wanna uninstall it without hesitation, what will you do to get it removed from your PC? Have you ever run into any unknown issue causing unsuccessful or incomplete uninstall? If so, read on this post to solve uninstall problems. First of all you can try the the regular way presented below to uninstall DriverEasy and then wipe out its traces manually. You can also remove DriverEasy with Max Uninstaller(Recommended), for the purpose of saving time and trouble in getting rid of any unwanted program.
Uninstall DriverEasy via Control Panel/Built-in Uninstaller:
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode (optional)
Before uninstalling any program, you can restart Windows in Safe Mode to troubleshoot potential problems that may cause unsuccessful or incomplete uninstall. Or you can skip this part and begin with step 2 below.
On Windows 7:
- Reboot the computer, tap the F8 key as soon as you see the Windows’ logo appearing, select the regular Safe Mood and press Enter key.
On Windows 8:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig” and click on OK. Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface, check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK. Then your computer will boot into Safe Mode after it restarts. (Notice: after the uninstall process is finished, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC).
2.Shut down related processes in Task Manager
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom of the screen and click Task Manager in the list. Select the process(es) associated with DriverEasy in the Processes tab, and then click on End Task to terminated them one by one.
3.Uninstall DriverEasy via Control Panel/built-in uninstaller
- (Right) click on the Start menu and click on Control Panel in the list. Click on Programs and Features in Control Panel, highlight DriverEasy in the list of installed programs and click on Uninstall/Change to begin the uninstall.
- Alternatively, you can go to the installation folder of DriverEasy (usually saved in C:/Program Files/Easeware/) and activate its built-in uninstaller by double clicking on the file named unins000.exe. Then follow the prompts to complete the uninstall.
- Reboot your computer after the uninstall process is completed.
Manually Remove DriverEasy Traces from Your PC:
After uninstalling DriverEasy program, you still need to manually identify and wipe out its lingering files, folders and registry entries. Try to search the directory for DriverEasy and delete all the files in the directory first.
- Click on Start – Control Panel – Folder Options, and then click the View tab. Tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) in the Advanced settings. Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
- Navigate to C:/Program Files/Easeware/DriverEasy and delete this folder if it still exists. Besides, you can type DriverEasy in the search area, then go through and delete the matched items belonging to this program in the search results.
(2) Registry entries
- (Right) click on the Start icon, click on Search, type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Windows Registry Editor.
- Click Find on the Edit menu, type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box, and enter Find Next (or F3) to locate and delete related keys or values one after the other.
Warning: since the registry is a database that stores crucial system configuration and settings, any improper modification might exert negative impact on the performance of your computer and even cause system crash. Your are recommended to backup the registry entries you gonna touch, thus if you delete anything by mistake, you can still restore those entries to fix errors. See Back up the Registry.
After performing these steps you should have totally removed DriverEasy from your system. However, this conventional means seems to be a little time-consuming and complicated to complete, especially for the novice users. So if you wanna skip those manual steps and look for a convenient and efficient solution to any program removal, why not utilize a professional third-party uninstaller to do that job for you?
Remove DriverEasy with Max Uninstaller (Recommended):
As a lite, reliable and handy utility, Max Uninstaller is designed to uninstall any unwanted, stubborn or corrupted program in three simple steps. It can identify and delete all the components of target program within a few clicks. Download this automatic tool here and see how it works to remove DriverEasy thoroughly.
1. Select DriverEasy Program.
Launch Max Uninstaller after exiting DriverEasy > select DriverEasy in the list of installed programs > click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
2. Scan for DriverEasy components.
Review related files, folders and registry entries > click the Complete Uninstall button to activate default uninstaller (during this process, follow the prompts to complete the uninstall) > click Scan Leftovers button to enter the last step.
3. Perform complete uninstall.
Keep every box ticked and click Delete Leftovers button > click Yes in the dialogue box > click OK in the pop-up window, and then all DriverEasy leftovers are completely removed from your computer. Incredibly easy, right?
This tutorial demonstrates two detailed solution to remove DriverEasy to the full, and the latter one is definitely a better option to complete program removal task. If you still have any question or suggestion about DriverEasy removal, feel free to leave your comment here.
For more PUPs removal guides: