How to Thoroughly Uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security 10.0
Developed by Austria-based Emsisoft GmbH, Emsisoft Internet Security claims to be an all-in-one security product to prevent infection from all internet threats.This program comprises three different real-time protection utilities, namely “File Guard”, “Behavior Blocker” and “Surf Protection”, each of them blocking the access to fraudulent or malicious websites. And its reviewed score on the Sofepedia website is 3.3/5. However, many users complain they have troubles in completely removing Emsisoft Internet Security for various reasons. What is the proper way to uninstall it from your PC? Have you encountered any problem during the process? Have no idea how to get rid of the remnants lingering around? If you are confused about those issues, take a little time to read this tutorial and learn how to remove Emsisoft Internet Security thoroughly by means of two working solutions.
Remove Emsisoft Internet Security via Control Panel:
First of all, try the regular method to get rid of Emsisoft product by following the instruction below. Or you can skip these steps by utilizing the professional removal utility – Max Uninstaller – to save your time and trouble.
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode
On Windows 7 :
- Reboot the computer > tap the F8 key as soon as the Windows’ logo appears > select the regular Safe Mood > press Enter key.
On Windows 8 :
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys > type “msconfig” and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface > check the “Safe boot” box > click on OK and restart your computer. (Notice: after the Kaspersky Antivirus uninstall is completed, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your computer).
2. Terminate all related processes in Task Manager
- Right click anywhere in the bottom bar of your screen > select Task Manager in the list.
- Select the background processes related to Emsisoft Internet Security and click End Task to terminate them one by one.
3. Uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware via Control Panel
On Windows 7:
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard and select the Control Panel in the list. Click on Programs in Control Panel interface, highlight the Emsisoft Internet Security in the list and click on Uninstall/Change to activate the default uninstaller.
On Windows 8:
- Right click on the Start icon and click on Control Panel in the list. Click on Programs and Features in Control Panel, right click the Emsisoft Internet Security, click on Uninstall/Change and then follow the prompts to remove it.
- Alternatively, you can directly launch Emsisoft built-in uninstaller by double clicking unins000.exe in its installation folders.
- After the uninstall process is completed, restart your computer.
4. Manually clean out program leftovers.
Uninstalling Emsisoft Internet Security via Windows Add/Remove Programs only removes its main executable files, yet some of its invalid files remain in system registry or disk. You need to manually delete those remnants to avoid an overweight, bloated Windows registry and any incompatible issue when installing other programs.
- (Right) click on the Start icon, click on Search, type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Windows Registry Editor. Unfold:
HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Classes\
HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ CLSID \
HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ Wow6432Node \ CLSID \
HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Shell Extension \
HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run \
to identify and delete the entries belonging to Emsisoft Internet Security.
Warning: As a collection of databases of configuration settings, the registry is quite crucial to Windows operating system. We recommend only for advanced computer users to manually delete Emsisoft Internet Security remnants in the registry. Before editing the registry, you’d better backup the individual registry keys you’re planning to touch. Besides, some of the program leftovers are ambiguous to identify. To avoid any potential mis-operation, you are strongly recommended apply a professional uninstaller for safe and clean removal of Emsisoft components.
- Go to My Computer > C:\Program Files (86) \ > Emsisoft Internet Security
to delete this folder if it still exists.
After performing the steps above, you should have successfully removed Emsisoft Internet Security from your machine (How to Fully Remove Emsisoft Anti-Malware?). Furthermore, Emsisoft knowledge base also provide a specific tool to remove remaining traces of its products in the case of incomplete uninstall, see How can I completely uninstall an Emsisoft Product.
For more internet security removal guides, see:
Remove Emsisoft Internet Security with Max Uninstaller (Recommended):
As an alternative to the default Windows uninstaller, Max Uninstaller provides a user-friendly shortcut to complete removal of any program. It will automatically scan every piece of the program and enables you to remove them with several clicks. Now let’s see how it helps you remove Emsisoft Internet Security quickly and easily.
1. Select target program.
Double click to launch Max Uninstaller after terminating related background processes> select Emsisoft Internet Security in the list of installed programs > click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
2. Scan for program components.
Review related files, folders and registry entries, and then click the Complete Uninstall button to continue. During the process, click Yes in the dialog box and follow the prompts to complete Emsisoft Internet Security uninstall. After that, click Scan Leftovers to enter the next step.
3. Perform complete uninstall.
Review the program leftovers and click Delete Leftovers button > click Yes in the dialogue box, and then all Emsisoft Internet Security leftovers are instantly removed from your computer. So easy and quick, isn’t it?
Manually removing Emsisoft Internet Security as well as its remnants is not only intractable but also time-consuming for many computer users, and the Windows Programs applet in the Control Panel often fails to work effectively. But with a professional uninstaller you can achieve a clean, safe and time-saving removal of unwanted programs. Max Uninstaller comes in handy to all those who want to get rid of corrupted or stubborn programs with ease. If you have any trouble in uninstalling stubborn or corrupted programs, or you’re just tired of performing complex removal steps, Max Uninstaller may be exactly what you’re looking for!
For more PUP removal guides: