How to Uninstall Free Download Manager
Free Downloader Manager is a program allow users to download files from the internet, and also it helps converting video file to other desired formats. Here is the tutorial shows you how to completely uninstall Free Downloader Manager, if you have problem removing this program, please refer to this tutorial.
Automatic uninstall solution (recommended)
If Free Downloader Manager was installed properly before, it should not be hard to get it removed by using its own uninstaller or from Add/Remove program, however, you should notice that some of the program files (like registry entries, leftover folders) will not be removed even you successfully run the uninstaller, users need to manually delete them all to guarantee a complete removal. Consider the risk involved in operating registry editor, we strongly recommend you to use Max Uninstaller, a professionally design program uninstaller to help you automatically uninstall Free Downloader Manager thoroughly, save both your time and energy.
- Download Max Uninstaller here , install it in your PC
- launch MU after the installation.
- Select Free Downloader Manager in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After the components analysis, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the standard removal.
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to conduct a full scan on your computer for leftovers of Free Downloader Manager.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’and Max Uninstaller remove all the leftovers it found.
- Click OK to finish the removal process and close Max Uninstaller.
Manual solution to uninstall Free Downloader Manager
To completely uninstall Free Downloader Manager, do make sure to finish the below three steps properly.
Step1: Turn off Free Downloader Manager
- Right click on the icon in the system tray, select Exit in the appeared menu.
Step 2: Run the build in uninstaller
- Go to Start > All Program > Free Downloader Manager.
- Click the option of Uninstall Free Downloader Manager.
- Or you can go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove program.
- Select the program in the program list and click Remove button behind.
- The program will prompt you ‘Are you sure you want to completely Remove Free Downloader Manager and all of its components?’, click Yes to confirm.
- The removal will be finish in a few seconds and you will again be prompted ‘Do you want to delete all Free Downloader Manager’s data file also?’, Click Yes to confirm.
- After you see the message of ‘Free Downloader Manager was successfully removed from your computer’, click OK to finish the removal.
Step 3: Delete registry leftover manually
- Press Windows key and R key together to bring up run commend box.
- Type in ‘regedit’ in the blank and press Enter to open registry editor.
- Click File > Export, follow the instruction to create a registry backup.
- Now navigate the registry and reach this location : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\
- Delete the folder named FreeDownloadManager.ORG.
- Navigate to the location of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\
- Delete the folder of FreeDownloadManager.ORG.
- Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer
Note: if you delete the wrong key, or encounter problems during the registry operation, go to File > Import and use the backup file you just created to restore the registry to previous status. However, for computer starters with no related experience, we do not recommend to do this operation, it is much safer and quicker to use third party program like Max Uninstaller to help you Uninstall Free Download Manager completely.