How to Uninstall MiniTool Partition Wizard Free within 3 Steps
MiniTool Partition Wizard Free is a disk partition manager software developed by MiniTool Solution Ltd. to optimize disk usage and protect stored data. Its key features include converting disk partition table, changing file system, converting NTFS to FAT 32 without reformatting, recovering partition and rebuilt MBR, etc. Broadly speaking, it seems to be an useful app and gets many good user reviews on Download.com.
Users may uninstall MiniTool Partition Wizard Free out of many reasons, such as it might not work as it used to be, or they just want to replace it with other similar app. If you run into any problems in uninstalling this program, here is a removal tutorial provided for your reference. You can uninstall MiniTool Partition Wizard Free by conventional means, or utilize our automatic tool (Any Shortcut to Remove MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Completely? Sure!) to save troubles in any program removal.
Manual Steps to Uninstall MiniTool Partition Wizard Free:
Step 1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode (optional)
Before uninstalling any program, you can restart Windows in Safe Mode to avoid possible problems that cause unsuccessful or incomplete removal. If you want to skip this part, then begin the uninstall with step 2 below.
- On Windows 7:
Reboot the computer, tap the F8 key as soon as you see the Windows’ logo appearing. Select the Safe Mood in Advanced Boot Options and then press Enter key.
- On Windows 8:
Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig” and click on OK. Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface, check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK. Then your computer will boot into Safe Mode after it restarts. (Notice: after the uninstall process is finished, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC).
Step 2. Terminating related processes in Task Manager
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom of the screen and click Task Manager in the list. Select the process(es) associated with MiniTool Partition Wizard Free in the Processes tab, and then click on End Task to terminated them one by one.
Step 3. Uninstall MiniTool Partition Wizard Free
- Right click on Start menu and then click on Programs and Features in the list ( for Windows 7: Start – Control Panel – Programs). Highlight MiniTool Partition Wizard Free with one single click and click on Uninstall to activate default uninstaller.
- Alternatively, you can navigate to the installation folder of MiniTool Partition Wizard Free (usually saved in C:/Program Files/), double click on the file named unins000.exe, and then follow the prompts to uninstall this program.
- Reboot your computer after the uninstall process is completed.
Tip: if the program is somehow corrupted or you fail to uninstall it by using these two methods, you can try to reinstall MiniTool Partition Wizard Free and uninstall it again. Mostly that will do the trick, If not, you had better utilize a professional uninstall – Max Uninstaller – to forcefully uninstall those damaged or malicious programs.
Step 4. Delete MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Leftovers
Uninstalling a program form Control Panel doesn’t mean all its components will be removed from your PC. The last thing you need to do is to detect and delete its useless leftovers scattering around the registry and hard disk. How to do:
- Click on Start – Control Panel – Folder Options, and then click the View tab. Tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) in the Advanced settings. Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Navigate to C:/Program Files/MiniTool Partition Wizard Free and delete this folder if it still exists. After that, you can type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor in the search area, choose “search results in this PC”, then go through the matched items in the search results and delete all traces of this program one by one.
- (Right) click on Start menu and then click on Run in the list. Type “regedit” in the Open: box and hit Enter key to activate Registry Editor. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click Find on the Edit menu in the Registry Editor. Type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box, then click on Find Next (and then hit F3 key) to locate and delete related keys or values one after the other.
Warning: as the registry stores crucial system configuration and settings, any improper change might have a negative impact on computer performance or even cause system crash. As a precautionary measure, we recommend you to create a back up of the entries you gonna modify. If there is any wrong after deleting keys or values, you can restore the backup file to fix problems. Still don’t know how to do it right? You can try to use a professional clean-up tool to sweep out these remnants.
This manual method is applicable for most of the programs running on Windows OS, such as Malwarebytes, µTorrent, AVG Web TuneUp, etc. For the stubborn or corrupted programs, it still may fail to work effectively. If you are looking for an all-in-one solution to any program removal, why not taking a powerful and comprehensive uninstaller into consideration? Continue reading.
Any Shortcut to Remove MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Completely? Sure!
Facilitated by highly engineered uninstall engine, Max Uninstaller is a good helper to uninstall any stubborn program that Windows Add/Remove Programs fails to uninstall and to remove all components associated with target program once for all. For those who want to save the trouble of performing complicated steps, Max Uninstaller will be a better option, for all they need to do is to click, click, click, and the whole uninstall process may last even less than one minute. Here a video tutorial is provided and let’s see how it works to uninstall MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Completely.
1. Select target program.
- Launch Max Uninstaller after terminating related processes, select MiniTool Partition Wizard Free in the list of installed programs, and click on Run Analysis to proceed.
2. Scan for program components.
- Click on Complete Uninstall to activate default uninstaller, and follow the prompts to finish uninstall process. Then click on Scan Leftovers to enter the last step.
3. Perform complete uninstall.
- Keep every box ticked and click on Delete Leftovers. Click on Yes in the pop-up dialog, and then all the program leftovers will be removed from your PC.
That’s it. Incredibly straightforward to use, right? A handy and effective uninstaller you deserve to own. With it in hand you don’t need to go through the aforementioned manual procedure to get rid of MiniTool Partition Wizard Free. Give it a try now and you will start to enjoy the convenience and advantages it brings to you.
If you still have any question or suggestion about PUP/malware removal, feel free to leave your comment here, or if necessary, ask our MU technicians for help.