How to Fully Uninstall MyWinLocker – PUP Removal Guide
MyWinLocker is a Windows encryption software developed by a company named Egis Technology Inc. It offers the service of encrypting files, securing data on the computer, and you can totally take control of your privacy by storing anything in the invisible Yo-Safe. Typically MyWinLocker Suite is pre-installed with Acer computer, and some users may consider it as bloatware or bundleware. And it has been noticed that the MD5 file of this application may be detected by some threat detection engines as possible malware. Thus, you may consider to purge MyWinLocker from your computer as it consumes system resources and affects system responsiveness. In that case, what will your do to perform MyWinLocker uninstall?
Recklessly deleting the components associated with MyWinLocker is apparently not a right option. If you mistakenly delete some necessary files, or its registry entries are corrupted, its default uninstaller may fail to activate and thus the uninstallation cannot be completed. Even this application has been regularly uninstalled from your PC, the registry entries that are difficult to identify and locate still remains, which will gradually stuff up your hard disk and negatively impact computer performance. This article will guide you how to remove MyWinLocker safely and completely.
This MyWinLocker removal guide consists of three sections: Automatic uninstall with Max Uninstaller, Manually uninstaller via Control Panel and remove MyWinLocker remnants. You can click below links to access to the specific content:
Completely Uninstall MyWinLocker with Max Uninstaller
To experience a simple and effective uninstall operation, you are highly recommended to download the professional tool Max Uninstall to solve any uninstall problems. It is very easy to take in hand, and the following three steps will enable you to get rid of MyWinLocker fully and immediately.
1. Select MyWinLocker program.
Double click to launch Max Uninstaller after terminating MyWinLocker and all related background processes > select MyWinLocker in the list of installed programs > click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
2. Scan for MyWinLocker components.
Review related MyWinLocker files, folders and registry entries, and then click the Complete Uninstall button to continue. During the process, continually click Yes in the dialog box twice to confirm MyWinLocker uninstall, and then click Scan Leftovers to enter the next step.
3. Perform complete uninstall.
Review the MyWinLocker leftovers and click Delete Leftovers button. Click Yes in the dialogue box and then all its leftovers are instantly removed from your computer.
Manually Uninstall MyWinLocker via Control Panel
1. Use the Administrator account to run the system and restart computer to boot into the Safe Mode.
On Windows 7:
- Reboot the computer, tap the F8 key as soon as you see the Windows’ logo appearing, select the Safe Mood and press Enter key.
On Windows 8:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig” and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface, check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK. Then your computer will boot into Safe Mode after it restarts. (Notice: after the uninstall is finished, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC).
2.Shut down the program you want to uninstall completely in Task Manager.
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom and click Task Manager in the list (or click Ctrl + Alt + Del to activate it).
- Choose MyWinLocker application and its background processes in the Processes tab and click End Task to terminate them.
3.Remove target program by activating the default uninstaller in the Control Panel.
On Windows 7:
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard and select the Control Panel in the list. Click on Programs in Control Panel interface, right click the MyWinLocker and click on Uninstall to remove it.
On Windows 8:
- Right click on the Start icon and click on Control Panel ( or move your mouse cursor to the lower-right corner to open it from Settings). Click on Programs and Features in Control Panel, right click the MyWinLocker, click on Uninstall/Change and then follow the prompts to complete its uninstallation.
How to Manually remove MyWinLocker Remnants
After the MyWinLocker application has been uninstalled from the control panel, you are supposed to reboot the computer and then search the system to see if there is any MyWinLocker leftovers.
1). Registry entries:
- Right click on the Start icon > click on Search > type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Windows Registry Editor.
- Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software
> search for the folders with the name of MyWinLocker or Egis and delete them.
Notice: You should be noticed that the last step are only recommended for those who are proficient in computer operating. Any unintentional mistake made during this manual operation might potentially pose dangers to the Windows system. In case of any mis-operation in this deletion part, we strongly recommend you to apply Max Uninstall for safe removal of MyWinLocker components.
2). Files or folders:
- Go to:
My Computer > C:\Program Files (x86) \ > EgisTec IPS
My Computer > C:\Program Files (x86) \ > EgisTec MyWinLocker
> right click these folders and click Delete.
This article provides a detailed instruction about how to uninstall MyWinLocker from your computer, both automatically and manually, and the former removal method is much more recommended for those uninitiated users. As a simple, convenient, prompt program uninstall tool, Max Uninstall has a friendly wizard interface and is easy to operate.Why not have a try on it right now? Let’ s do it!
For More PUPs Removal Guides: