How to Uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Free – Solutions to Remove/Uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Free Completely From Your System
PC Tools AntiVirus Free is a security software package developed by PC Tools company, it offers real-time protection against popular viruses and other online threats like spyware, adware, malware and more, PC Tools AntiVirus Free also has other extra useful features like phishing alerts, Web site ratings, etc. However, as a free edition, the basic antivirus ability of PC Tools AntiVirus Free tends to be less powerful and effective than other well-known similar security products, you need to pay for a full upgrade version to get a more comprehensive protected for your computer. Moreover, PC Tools AntiVirus Free can make severely slow down low configuration computer while it is running on the background as it eat up too much recourse. In case you are not satisfy with PC Tools AntiVirus Free and want to try out other security program, please refer to the below instruction to completely uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Free.
How to Uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Free automatically
PC Tools AntiVirus Free can sometimes become hard to be removed just like other stubborn antivirus program, users would keep getting uninstall errors and are unable to get this program off their computer completely using the Add/Remove Program of Windows. If you went into such trouble, Max Uninstaller is the best helper to solve this problem for you, by applying special algorithm, this powerful uninstaller is able to remove any stubborn/corrupt/broken program/application thoroughly. Simply watch the below demo video and follow the instruction to proceed:
Uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Free with Max Uninstaller – Video demonstration
Step1: Click here to free download Max Uninstaller, and then install it in your computer.
Step2: Launch Max Uninstaller, select PC Tools AntiVirus Free the right hand list. Press “Run Analysis”
Step3: Max Uninstaller will review uninstall program files and associated registry entries. Click “Complete Uninstall” to start the program uninstall process. Click “Yes” to start uninstalling PC Tools AntiVirus Free .
Step4: Wait for the standard PC Tools AntiVirus Free uninstall completed. Click “Scan Leftovers”, and Max Uninstaller will conduct a full scan on your computer for a while.
Step5: When it finish scanning, click “Delete Leftovers” and “Yes” button to thoroughly uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Free and its leftovers.
Step6: Max Uninstaller has now fully uninstalled PC Tools AntiVirus Free related files and extensions. Click “OK” to finish.
Uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Free the normal way
For people who prefer manual solution to uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Free other than using third party program, please follow the below steps to remove every component of PC Tools AntiVirus Free. (Note: Manual solution requires you to modify the Windows registry, which is risk involved, if you are not ready for doing this, we recommend you to use Max Uninstaller to uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Free automatically and safely for you.
Step1: Turn off PC Tools AntiVirus Free
Right click on the PC Tools AntiVirus Free icon on system tray and select exit, or you can press “Alt + Ctrl + Del” on your keyboard to open Windows task manager, highlight the process named “pctsAuxs.exe”, and click “End Task” button.
Step2: Remove PC Tools AntiVirus Free installation folder
- Double click to open My Computer
- Navigate to the hard drive where you install PC Tools AntiVirus Free
- Right click on the folder of “PC Tools” and select Delete.
- Back to your computer desktop.
- Right click on Windows recycle bin and select empty the recycle bin.
Step3: Delete PC Tools AntiVirus Free icon and program folder
- Go to Start > All Program
- Right click on PC Tools Security and select delete.
- Back to your desktop, right click to delete the PC Tools AntiVirus Free icon.
- Empty recycle bin
Step4: Delete PC Tools AntiVirus Free related registry keys
In order to complete uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Free, you need to clean up all the associated registry keys as well.
- Click Start button > Run > Type regedit and click OK button
- Click File menu, click Export
- Select a location where you want to save the file, then click “Save”.
- Use the “+” sign to navigate the registry key branch, locate the below keys.
- Right click on those keys and select “Delete”
- Close registry Editor and restart your computer to allow new change take effect
PC Tools AntiVirus Free registry keys review
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PCTools\Personal Firewall
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PCTools\Spam Monitor
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PCTools\Spyware Doctor
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PCTools\Live Update
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PCTools\Personal Firewall
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PCTools\Spyware Doctor
If you got the above steps done correctly, PC Tools AntiVirus Free would have been uninstalled from your system completely.
As you can see, uninstalling PC Tools AntiVirus Free with a reliable uninstall tool is quite simple.
Max Uninstaller is a reliable and powerful uninstall tool, which will help you to uninstall PC Tools AntiVirus Free quickly and completely. Moreover, it can remove those trashes and enable you to reinstall the program successfully. Max Uninstaller is also an award-winning tool, and it performs perfectly in our tests. You can download this professional uninstall tool freely and use it to uninstall any unwanted programs instantly!