PrimoPDF Removal Guide: How to Fully Uninstall PrimoPDF
PrimoPDF is a free PDF creator developed by Nitro PDF Software to convert any type of printable document into a standard PDF file with only a few clicks, and the format of created file can be as faithful as the original one. Once installed, PrimoPDF appears as a virtual printer in your printer preferences, and it allows users to set up password and permissions on the PDF files. On the other hand, though PrimoPDF will not have pop-up ads in the usage, it does recommend other Nitro products to the user in the program window. Moreover, many users reported that it is bundled with other third-party programs, for instance, the adware Open Candy that is suspected to change the Internet settings and quite hard to get rid of. Maybe that is why users wanna uninstall PrimoPDF without hesitation even if it is a useful tool.
Anyway, no matter for what reason you wanna uninstall PrimoPDF, you may be stuck in unexpected issues, or even have no clue how to properly uninstall this program. If you happen to encounter any trouble in uninstalling PrimoPDF, read on this post to solve it now. First of all you can employ the conventional means demonstrated below to uninstall PrimoPDF manually, or else you can also try removal solution 2- uninstall PrimoPDF automatically to save time in getting rid of any unwanted program.
Removal Solution 1- Uninstall PrimoPDF Manually
Here is the detailed instruction on how to uninstall PrimoPDF manually. Follow the steps strictly to have a complete uninstallation.
Step 1. Exit Related Background Processes
Before uninstalling any software you are supposed to shut down this program and terminate all associated background processes in system tray. Otherwise, error message may arise, and the program components that are in use will not be deleted.
- Right click the taskbar at the bottom and select Task Manager option in the list.
- Select the associated application and/or background process(es) in the Processes tab, and then click on End Task to terminated them one by one.
Step 2: Uninstall PrimoPDF via Control Panel
As it’s known to most of computer users, the most common way to uninstall a program is via Windows Add or Remove Programs. If you cannot uninstall PrimoPDF by this way, make sure to enter Safe Mode and perform the uninstall again.
For Windows 7 Users:
- Hit the Windows key on the keyboard and click on the Control Panel option.
- Choose View by Category in the upper-right corner and click on Programs.
- Scroll through the list of programs to locate the software called PrimoPDF.
- Right click on PrimoPDF and click on Uninstall to begin uninstallation.
For Windows 8 Users:
- Right click on Start menu and then Programs and Features in the list.
- Highlight PrimoPDF with one single click and click on Uninstall.
- Follow prompts to complete uninstall process and reboot your computer.
Notice: Many users may neglect the fact that Add/Remove Programs applet could only uninstall the main executable files of program rather than all its components. If you have never cleaned up those invalid registry entries and junk files/folders, they would take up more and more system space and degrade you computer performance. To achieve a thorough uninstall, you should continue these two necessary steps:
Step 3: Delete Associated Entries in Registry (Important)
- (Right) click on Start menu and then click on Search.
- Type “regedit” in the Open: box and press Enter key to activate Registry Editor.
- If you are prompted by UAC for confirmation, click on Yes.
- Click Find on the Edit menu in the Registry Editor.
- Type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor in the search box.
- Click on Find Next (and then hit F3 key) to locate and delete associated keys/values.
Warning: As the registry is a database that stores crucial system configuration and settings, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur. If you have trouble in identifying associated keys or values, do a Google search about PrimoPDF components, or utilize our advanced uninstaller immediately to delete all leftovers.
Step 4: Delete Associated Files/Folders in Disk
- Go to Start menu > Control Panel > Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) in the Advanced settings.
- Then click OK to save the changes.
- Open up File Explorer and type PrimoPDF in the Search Bar.
- Go through and delete the matched items in the search results.
Once you have taken the aforementioned steps, PrimoPDF should be successfully uninstalled from the system. As for the bundled software it comes with, many users complain that manual uninstall method tend to be less effective, and they are desired to have a better way to get rid of any unwanted programs with ease. If you wanna uninstall PrimoPDF as well as other stubborn programs effortlessly, read on please.
More PUP Removal Instruction:
Removal Solution 2- Uninstall PrimoPDF Automatically
Looking for an all-in-one solution to uninstall any unwanted program once and for all? As a lightweight, powerful and reliable uninstaller, Max Uninstaller is designed to remove unneeded, stubborn or corrupted program without leaving any trace. It can identify and delete all the components of target program within several clicks. Here a piece of video tutorial will guide you through the whole PrimoPDF removal process.
1. Select Target Program.
– Double click to run Max Uninstaller after shutting down PrimoPDF totally.
– Select PrimoPDF in the list of installed programs and click Run Analysis to proceed.
2. Scan for Program Components.
– After the scanning is done, click Complete Uninstall to activate default uninstaller.
– Click Yes in pop-up window and wait for a few seconds to complete uninstallation.
– Click Scan Leftovers to start searching PrimoPDF leftovers around the system.
3. Perform Complete Uninstall.
– Keep every box ticked and then click on Delete Leftover to start removal.
– Click Yes in the dialogue box and then all program leftovers will be removed.
In this article we provide two approached to uninstall PrimoPDF effectively, and you can choose either of them to carry out PrimoPDF removal. If you think the manual steps takes too much time or energy to follow, we highly recommend you to employ Max Uninstaller to get rid of PrimoPDF right now. Still have problems in uninstalling PrimoPDF (or bundle software)? Feel free to tell us your question here : )