How to Fully Uninstall SlimDrivers from Your Computer – Easy Steps to Remove SlimDrivers
What is SlimDrivers? Pros and Cons?
SlimDrivers is a free driver management tool designed by SlimWare Utiliites, Inc. to update and maintain PC drivers with real-time scanning and cloud technology. Once launched it will scan your computer, detect the drivers needed, retrieve them from the cloud and then install the most recent versions. Besides, this utility also offers a back-up and restore function, a scan scheduling function and a driver uninstall facility.
On the negative side, SlimDrivers features a lot of banner as well as pop-up ads promoting other programs by this developer or for their paid products, and you have to download drivers updates manually after registering with the SlimDrivers Website. Moreover, during the setup it will install other programs (e.g. SlimCleaner) by default, and sometimes the detecting result is disappointing when it comes to specific drivers.
Well, frankly speaking, driver update seems to be made unnecessarily popular by those software offering driver updates, and I do suggest you to look for the genuine driver on the official site of the hardware or manufacturer.
Anyway, if a program fails to meet your expectation, and you do not want to keep it anymore, make sure to uninstall it without leaving any traces. Have no idea how to Uninstall SlimDrivers completely? Read on this post to learn some uninstall tricks.
Three Simple Steps to Fully Uninstall SlimDrivers
As one of the industry-leading Windows uninstaller, Max Uninstaller is designed to effectively uninstall any unwanted, stubborn or corrupted program in just three steps. With a highly engineered uninstall engine and a intuitive user interface, this tool comes in handy for those users who want to achieve 100% removal of target program with a minimal effort. Now let’s see how it helps you get rid of SlimDrivers.
Step 1. Select Target Program.
- Launch Max Uninstaller after exiting related background processes, then select SlimDrivers in the list and click on Run Analysis to proceed.
Step 2. Scan for Program Components.
- Click on Complete Uninstall and follow the prompts to perform SlimDrivers uninstall. Then click on Scan Leftovers to enter the next step.
Step 3. Perform Complete Uninstall.
- Keep every box ticked and click on Delete Leftovers. Click Yes in the pop-up dialog box, and then all SlimDrivers leftovers will be removed instantly.
So simple and swift, right? It may take even less than one minute to complete the whole removal. If there are other drive programs you want to uninstall (e.g. 3DP Chip, Driver Booster, DriverEasy), just try Max Uninstaller to get rid of them as well.
How to Manually Uninstall SlimDrivers from Your PC?
If you would like to uninstall SlimDrivers without utilizing a third-party uninstaller, here are the manual instructions provided for you to follow.
1.Reboot Computer into Safe Mode (optional)
On Windows 7:
- Reboot the computer and tap the F8 key as soon as the Windows’ logo appears.
- Select the regular Safe Mood and press Enter key.
On Windows 8:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys
- Type “msconfig” in the box and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface.
- Check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK.
- Click Restart in the pop-up dialog box to take effect.
Notice: after the uninstall is completed,don’t forget to follow the steps above to uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your computer.
2.End Related Processes in Task Manager
If you choose not to start Windows into Safe Mode, then you need to exit SlimDrivers fully from the system tray before uninstalling it via Windows Add/Remove Programs.
- Right click the taskbar and click Task Manager in the list.
- Select the process(es) associated with SlimDrivers in the Processes tab.
- Click on End Task to terminated them one by one.
3.Uninstall SlimDrivers from Control Panel
On Windows 7:
- Hit the Windows key on your keyboard and select Control Panel in the list.
- Click on Programs in Control Panel interface.
- Highlight SlimDrivers and click on Uninstall/Change to begin uninstall.
On Windows 8:
- Right click on Start menu and select Programs and Features in the list.
- Right click SlimDrivers and click on Uninstall to activate default uninstaller.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstall.
- Reboot your computer after the process is finished.
4. Remove SlimDrivers Leftovers Manually
After uninstalling SlimDrivers from Control Panel, you are supposed to delete its leftovers lingering on your system to achieve a complete removal.
1. Files/Folders in Disk
- Click on Start > Control Panel > Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files
- (recommended) in the Advanced settings.
- Click Apply and then OK in pop-up dialog boxes to save the changes.
- Go to C:\Program Files(x86)\SlimDrivers and delete this folder (if it still exists).
- Input the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor in the search area.
- Click on Search Results in This PC and wait for the scanning.
- Go through and delete the matched items in the search results.
2.Keys/Values in Registry
- (Right) click on the Start icon and then click on Search in the list.
- Type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Registry Editor.
- Click Find on the Edit menu in the Registry Editor.
- Type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box.
- Enter Find Next (and then hit F3) to locate and delete related keys or values.
Warning: the registry is a hierarchical database that stores low-level settings for the Windows system and for applications that opt to use the Registry, therefore any improper modification may have negative impact on your system stability. Try to backup your registry before making any changes to it. For those novice users a handy and reliable uninstaller will be a better option to clean out program leftovers.
This article describes two ways of uninstalling SlimDrivers. The manual solution requires a certain degree of computer knowledge while the automatic tool will save you a lot of work in uninstalling unwanted programs. If you have any suggestion or problem in program removal, feel free to leave your comment here.
External Knowledge: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows?