How to Uninstall Speedbit Video Downloader Completely Without Any Trace Left
Speedbit Video Downloader is a program allows you to download video from famous online video websites like YouTube, Dailymotion as well as other Flash video sites. This program is actually a toolbar which will appear in your browser including Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome after you finished the installation, and your browser homepage and default search will be changed to Speedbit. the problem of the program is, this program is very hard to be removed completely as you will see this toolbar keep coming back, the homepage and default search remains speedbit even you perform the uninstall successfully. If you are in trouble with getting rid off Speedbit Video Downloader, please follow the below instruction.
Uninstall/Remove Speedbit Video Downloader
To completely remove Speedbit Video Downloader, please make sure you carry out the below steps correctly:
- Close any browser that is running.
- Click Windows Start button, and go to Control Panel > Add/Remove program
- Locate Speedbit Video Downloader in the program list and click Remove button.
- There is no uninstall process show up, right after a few second you will receive a message telling you that ‘Speedbit Video Downloader has been successfully uninstalled from your computer’.
- Close the pop-up thank you page.
Now everything seems too easy to believe, it is really that Speedbit Video Downloader has gone from your machine? The answer is ‘no’. There are still many leftovers inside the computer and you need to manually delete them all to make sure a complete removal.
- Click Start > Search
- Select ‘All files and folders’ option.
- In the search field, type in Speedbit and hit search button
- Press Alt + A key to select all the found items that related to Speedbit.
- Right click on them and select ‘Delete’ option.
- Now press Windows button + R key in your keyboard.
- Type in regedit in the run window and press Enter.
- Once you open the registry editor, before starting the leftover removal operation, it is recommended to backup the registry first from File > Export menu.
- After finishing the backup, navigate the registry editor and find out the below listed leftover entries of Speedbit Video Downloader.
- Right click to delete them all.
- Now go through the registry entries list of Speedbit Video Downloader, if you found any entries in the registry editor that contained in the list, delete them all as well.
- Close the registry editor and restart the computer.
Solution 2: Uninstall Speedbit Video Downloader automatically with Max Uninstaller
Max Uninstaller is a professionally designed tool that helps you automatically remove any stubborn Windows application/program completely. Using MU to uninstall Speedbit Video Downloader can be way easier than do it manually as you don’t have to go through all these complicated steps and take risk to edit registry.
Here is a video demonstration of how Max Uninstaller work to uninstall Speedbit Video Downloader within clicks:
- Download Max Uninstaller, open it after the installation.
- Select Speedbit Video Downloader in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the standard removal after the analysis
- Click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button to conduct a full scan on your computer for leftovers of Speedbit Video Downloader.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’and Max Uninstaller remove all the leftovers it found.
Since Speedbit Video Downloader is a pretty stubborn program, your computer may probably still has leftovers of its plug-in, but relax, Max Uninstaller got it all cover, simply use the build-in plug-in cleaner, all plug-in information of Speedbit Video Downloader will be removed instantly.
- Now back to Max Uninstaller, click plug-in cleaner option
- Click Scan Now > Select on Speedbit Video Downloader > Click Clean option > Click Yes to confirm.
- Click OK to end the removal.