How to Uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security 2016
Developed by Trend Micro for the consumer market, Trend Micro Internet Security is an antivirus tool designed to protect users’ files, folders, and system information from malicious activity. The independent antivirus testing labs generally give it good ratings, and it also got a score of 4.0/5 on the Softpedia website. Yet, if for any reason you wanna remove it from your PC, you may have no idea about how to properly uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security without any remnants. Here two removal solutions are provided for you to accomplish this task.
Uninstall Trend Micro Antivirus+ with Max Uninstaller (Recommended):
Max Uninstaller is a lightweight, timesaving, and easy-to-use utility designed to remove any unwanted or corrupted programs on Windows operating system. Here is a piece of video tutorial provided for you to carry out Trend Micro Internet Security removal. With it you can easily get rid of this program within a few clicks.
Step 1. Select target program.
Double click to run Max Uninstaller after killing related processes, select Trend Micro Internet Security in the list, and then click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
Step 2. Scan for program components.
Review related files, folders and registry entries, and then click the Complete Uninstall button to continue. During the process, follow the prompts to uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security, and then click Scan Leftovers to enter the next step.
Step 3. Perform complete uninstall.
Review Trend Micro Internet Security leftovers and click Delete Leftovers button. Click Yes and then OK in the dialogue boxes, and then all its leftovers are instantly swept away from your PC!
After all these three steps have been done, Trend Micro Internet Security should be successfully removed. Reboot your computer, and you will surprisingly find every piece of this software has gone like it had not been installed before. How to Uninstall Trend Micro Antivirus+ 2016 without Hassle?
Manual Solution to Uninstall Trend Micro Antivirus+:
Apart from the recommended solution mentioned above, you can also follow the detailed instruction below to get Trend Micro Internet Security removed.
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode.
On Windows 7:
- Reboot the computer, tap the F8 key as soon as you see the Windows’ logo appearing, select the regular Safe Mood and press Enter key.
On Windows 8:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig” and click on OK. Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface, check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK. Then your computer will boot into Safe Mode after it restarts. (Notice: after the uninstall process is finished, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC).
2. Terminate all related processes in Task Manager.
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom of the screen and click Task Manager in the list. Select all the running processes belonging to Trend Micro Internet Security and click End Task to terminate them one by one.
3. Uninstall Trend Micro Antivirus+ via Control Panel.
On Windows 7:
- Click on Start button in the lower-left corner and select the Control Panel in the list. Click on Programs in Control Panel interface, choose the Trend Micro Internet Security in the list and click on Uninstall/Change to activate its default uninstaller.
On Windows 8:
- Right click on the Start icon and click on Control Panel. Click on Programs and Features in Control Panel, right click the Trend Micro Internet Security, click on Uninstall and then follow the prompts to remove it.
Otherwise you can activate Trend Micro built-in uninstaller to remove this software, see Uninstalling Trend Micro Security software using the Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Reboot your computer after the uninstall process is completed.
4. Clean out Trend Micro Antivirus+ remnants.
Uninstalling a program via Windows Add/Remove Programs only remove the main executable files of this program, yet some of its invalid files remains in system registry or folders. You need to manually locate and delete those remnants to avoid an overweight, bloated Windows registry and ensure a clean, complete removal.
- Open the Registry Editor by clicking the Start button, typing “regedit” into the search box, and then pressing Enter.
to identify and delete any entries belonging to Trend Micro Antivirus+.
- Or you can click the File menu in Registry Editor, click Find in the list, type the program’s or publisher’ name in the search box, and enter Find Next to locate and delete related keys or values one after the other.
Notice: You must be very careful in making any change on the registry keys or values, for any unintentional mistake might potentially pose dangers to the Windows system. We only recommend advanced computer users to manually do this part. To avoid any unnecessary misoperation in deleting leftovers, you’ better back up the registry before editing it, or you can directly apply a reliable tool (Max Uninstaller) for safe, quick and complete removal of Trend Micro Internet Security components.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files \ Trend Micro and delete this folder if it still exists.
Thoroughly removing Trend Micro products seems to be a intractable task for many computer users. This article gives detailed instruction on Trend Micro Internet Security removal. While the regular way of uninstalling Trend Micro via Windows Add/Remove Programs often fails to work effectively, to utilize an advanced uninstaller may be a better option for those who wanna save their time or trouble. Facilitated by highly engineered uninstall engine, Max Uninstaller will be your good helper for thoroughly uninstalling any stubborn or corrupted program.
For more internet security removal guides: