Removal Guide- How to Uninstall Viper Plagiarism Scanner Properly
Develop by All Answers Limited., Viper Plagiarism Scanner claims itself as a free, accurate and easy-to-use plagiarism checker. Users can log in to its network, upload the documents and scan for plagiarism on the Internet and/or Viper’s database. It seems fairly effective at identifying plagiarized passages and flagging potentially similar passages, misidentified quotes, and other suspicious hits for follow-ups.
But it should also be noticed that Viper’s free service only keeps users’ essays private for nine months, which means the material you submit for free plagiarism scans will be published by the software maker nine months later. Some users may dissent from such a controversial idea and they decide to uninstall Viper Plagiarism Scanner. But do you really know how to uninstall Viper properly? Actually there are many users who complain that Viper Plagiarism Scanner cannot be removed totally from their machines. Well, luckily you come to the right place. Here two uninstall methods are listed in detail to help you get rid of any unwanted program. If you don’t have time to read the whole tutorial, just click <Automatic Way to Remove Viper Plagiarism Scanner (Recommended)> to have a quick and convenient uninstall.
Conventional Approach to Uninstall Viper Plagiarism Scanner:
1. Star Windows in Safe Mode (optional)
Before removing any program, you can restart computer into Safe Mode so as to avoid possible problems that cause unsuccessful or incomplete uninstall. If you skip this part, then begin Viper Plagiarism Scanner uninstall with step 2 below.
On Windows 7:
- Reboot the computer, tap the F8 key as soon as you see the Windows’ logo appearing.
- Select the Safe Mood in Advanced Boot Options and then press Enter key.
On Windows 8:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys, type “msconfig” and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface, check the “Safe boot” box and click on OK.
- Then your computer will boot into Safe Mode after it restarts.
- Notice: after the uninstall process is finished, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC.
2.Terminate Related Background Processes
- Right click the taskbar on the bottom of the screen and click Task Manager in the list.
- Select the process(es) associated with Viper Plagiarism Scanner in the Processes tab, and then click on End Task to terminated them one by one.
3.Uninstall Viper Plagiarism Scanner
On Windows 7:
- Hit the Windows key on the keyboard and select Control Panel in the list.
- Choose View by Category in the upper-right corner and click on Programs.
- Right click on Viper Plagiarism Scanner and click on Uninstall to activate default uninstaller.
On Windows 8:
- Right click on Start menu and then Programs and Features in the list.
- Highlight Viper Plagiarism Scanner with one single click and click on Uninstall to begin the uninstall.
As an alternative option, you can:
- Go to the installation folder of Viper Plagiarism Scanner (usually saved in C:/Program Files/All Answers Ltd/).
- Activate the built-in uninstaller by double clicking on the file named unins000.exe.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstall, and then reboot your computer.
More Steps Needed to Remove Viper Plagiarism Scanner:
After uninstalling a program via Control Panel (or its built-in uninstaller), you might think the job is done and that all components have been removed totally. Well, things may not be so simple yet. Many users just ignore the leftovers lingering on the system especially in the registry. So make sure to wipe off Viper vestiges entirely.
4. Delete Associated Files/Folders in Disk
- Click on Start – Control Panel – Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Tick Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended) in the Advanced settings.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Navigate to C:/Program Files/All Answers Ltd and delete this folder.
- Type the keyword(s) of Viper Plagiarism Scanner in the search area and select Search Results in This PC
- Go through and delete the matched items in the search results.
5. Delete Associated Keys/Values in Registry
- (Right) click on Start menu and then click on Run in the list. Type “regedit” in the Open: box and hit Enter key to activate Registry Editor.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Click Find on the Edit menu in the Registry Editor. Type the keyword(s) of target program or its vendor’s name in the search box, then click on Find Next (and then hit F3 key) to locate and delete related keys or values one after the other.
Warning: Many ordinary users might lack the experience of editing Windows registry, and it is also risk-taking to recklessly delete any suspicious entries there. (What’s the Registry, Should I Clean It, and What’s the Point?) You are supposed to back up the registry file first and must be cautious when modifying the keys or values. If you want to remove all Viper traces but have trouble in identifying those entries, we strongly recommend you to use a professional, reliable uninstaller to handle this task.
Automatic Way to Remove Viper Plagiarism Scanner (Recommended):
Still fail to get rid of Viper Plagiarism Scanner after performing all the aforementioned steps? Wanna uninstall this program in a much easier way? Here we provide a handy tool to help you complete Viper Plagiarism Scanner removal in three steps. With a user-friendly interface and a powerful uninstall engine, it is capable of scanning and deleting all the components of target program in just a few second.
1. Select Target Program.
Launch Max Uninstaller after exiting related processes > select Viper Plagiarism Scanner in the list of installed programs > click on Run Analysis to proceed.
2. Scan for Program Components.
Click the Complete Uninstall button to activate default uninstaller > follow the prompts to complete uninstall > click on Scan Leftovers to enter the last step.
3. Perform Complete Uninstall.
Click on Delete Leftovers > click Yes in the dialogue box and then all Viper Plagiarism Scanner leftovers are completely removed from your computer.
This article demonstrates two approaches to uninstall Viper Plagiarism Scanner as well as its leftovers. For those who are looking for an all-in-one solution to any unwanted program removal, Max Uninstaller is undoubtedly a good helper. If you have any suggestion about MU usage, feel free to leave your comment here : )