Recommended Solutions to Webroot SecureAnywhere Removal
Webroot SecureAnywhere, developed by Webroot Inc., is a lightweight antivirus coming with antispyware protection, real time threat shield and other features. However, it got a reviewed score of 2.6/5 on Softpedia, and the user reviews polarize on its performance. There are some users reporting various uninstall problem on the Wbbroot forums and looking for a final solution to resolve it. In any cases you consider to uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere, this tutorial will show you how to properly remove this program without causing any troubles.
Remove Webroot SecureAnywhere with Max Uninstaller:
As an alternative to the default Windows uninstaller, Max Uninstaller provides a user-friendly shortcut to safely uninstall corrupted or unwanted programs. With Max Uninstaller you can review comprehensive data on any program installed on your computer and remove them with several clicks. Now let’s see how it helps you remove Webroot SecureAnywhere quickly and easily.
1. Select target program.
Launch Max Uninstaller after exist Webroot SecureAnywhere> click this program icon in the list of installed programs > click the Run Analysis button to proceed.
2. Scan for program components.
Review related files and registry entries and keep every box ticked > click the Complete Uninstall button to perform Webroot SecureAnywhere uninstall > click Scan Leftovers button to enter the last step.
3. Perform complete uninstall.
Click Delete Leftovers button > click Yes and then OK in the dialogue boxes, and then all Webroot SecureAnywhere leftovers are completely removed.
Max Uninstaller allows for a quick and complete removal of any program, including those files, folders, registry entries that are left behind. You may take even less than one minute to get rid of Webroot SecureAnywhere (for more Webroot removal guides, click here). Otherwise you can launch Windows’ default uninstaller and manually remove it by following the steps below.
How to Manually Remove Webroot SecureAnywhere:
1. Reboot your computer into Safe Mode
Before uninstall Webroot SecureAnywhere, you’re suggested to restart your computer to boot into Safe Mode and use the Administrator account to run the system.
On Windows 7:
- Reboot the computer > tap the F8 key as soon as the Windows’ logo appears > select the regular Safe Mood > press Enter key.
On Windows 8:
- Access the Run dialogue by pressing the Windows + R keys > type “msconfig” and click on OK.
- Click the Boot tab in the System Configuration interface > check the “Safe boot” box > click on OK> restart your computer. (Notice: after the removal is completed, you should first uncheck the “Safe boot” box in this tab and then reboot your PC).
2.Shut down Webroot SecureAnywhere in Task Manager
- Click Ctrl + Alt + Del to activate Task Manager > select all the related background processes in the Processes tab > click End Task to terminate them.
3.Remove Webroot SecureAnywhere in Control Panel
On Windows 7:
- Click on Start button in the lower-left corner > select the Control Panel in the list.
- Click on Programs in Control Panel interface > right click Webroot SecureAnywhere in the list and click on Uninstall to remove it.
On Windows 8:
- Move your mouse cursor to the lower-right corner to open Control Panel from Settings > click on Programs and Features > right click the Webroot SecureAnywhere, click on Uninstall/Change and then follow the prompts to remove it.
Besides, you can directly activated Webroot built-in uninstaller by cliking WRSA.exe in its installation folders (usually located in C:\Program Files\Webroot).
4. Remove Webroot SecureAnywhere leftovers completely
1). Registry entries
- (Right) click on the Start icon > click on Search > type “regedit” in the box and press Enter key to activate Windows Registry Editor. Unfold:
to delete those keys or values associated with Webroot SecureAnywhere .
Notice: As a collection of databases of configuration settings, the registry is quite crucial to the functioning of the Windows operating system. Before making any changes in the Windows registry, you’d better backup the entire registry or the individual registry keys you’re planning to touch, so that if there is any possible problems caused by the change, you can always restore the registry keys and values using the backup you just create (see Back up the registry).
2). Files or folders:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Webroot
to delete this installation folder if it still exists.
After performing these steps you should have successfully remove Webroot SecureAnywhere from your PC. However, the Windows Programs applet in the Control Panel often upsets users with its limitations, and they may also spend much time to complete the aforementioned manual steps. As one of the best uninstall tools running in Windows operating system, Max Uninstall ensures a clean, complete and safe uninstall of any unwanted program (such as Webroot SecureAnywhere) without wasting too much time. If you have any trouble in removing a program or you’re tired of uninstall errors, Max Uninstaller may be exactly what you’re looking for!
For more PUP removal guides: