How to uninstall Yet Another Cleaner/YAC and Remove Search.Yac.mx From Browser
Yet Another Cleaner is a free utility which offers solutions to clean and speed up Windows system as well as detect and remove malware. Unlike its straightforward interface, uninstalling Yet Another Cleaner is not that simply, the default uninstaller always failed to fulfill its duty to completely uninstall Yet Another Cleaner, also installing this program could redirect your browser default search to Search.Yac.mx which is a bit of annoying, Yet Another Cleaner is also classified as Malware by several security websites for this issue. If you are not satisfy with this utility and having a hard time removing it from your computer, please refer to the below instruction.
Remove Yet Another Cleaner manually
In order to remove this utility completely, first you need to access to its default uninstaller:
- Close Yet Another Cleaner if it is still running.
- Right click on its icon at system tray and click Exit > Exit Completely.
- You will receive a prompt asking you “Your computer will lost protection if you quit YAC, do you want to quit?”, click Yes to continue exiting the program.
- Click the Start button of Windows, go to Control Panel > Add/Remove program. (If you are running Windows VISTA/7/8, click the link of “uninstall a program” in Control Panel.)
- Locate YAC in the program list, click “Change/Remove” button.
- You will receive “Are you sure you don’t need me anymore?”, click Yes, and the removal will start automatically.
- Wait patiently until the removal finished.
- After the removal is done, close the pop-up website.
Clean the leftovers
- Open My Compter, navigate to the drive where you installed Yet Another Cleaner.
- Delete the remaining folder for Yet Another Cleaner named “iSafe”.
- Press Windows button + R key to open Run commend.
- Type regedit in the run commend window and press Enter key to open Registry Editor.
- Remove the leftover registry keys/entries of Yet Another Cleaner.
Automatic solution to remove Yet Another Cleaner
Max Uninstaller is considered to be the most effective solution to remove Windows applications, especially those stubborn, incomplete installed programs. To uninstall Yet Another Cleaner, we strongly recommend you to use Max Uninstaller to uninstall Yet Another Cleaner correctly and completely.
- Download Max Uninstaller, install it in your computer with ease.
- Launch MU, select Yet Another Cleaner in program list and click ‘Run Analysis’ button.
- After its done, click ‘Complete Uninstall’to start the default removal.
- Once the default removal is finished, click ‘Scan Leftovers’ button allow Max Uninstaller to scan over your computer and find out all the remains of Yet Another Cleaner.
- Click ‘Delete Leftovers’to remove all found leftovers
- Click OK in the pop-up message to finish the removal.
How to use Max Uninstaller to remove Search.Yac.mx from browsers
After installing Yet Another Cleaner, the default search of your browser will be altered, and every time you want to search something, the search result will be redirected to Search.Yac.mx which is pretty annoying. Take it easy, Max Uninstaller can help you remove Search.Yac.mx and restore your browser to previous status with ease, here is how:
- Close your web brower first.
- Open Max Uninstaller .
- Click the Update button in the top-right corner of Max Uninstaller.
- Click ‘Plug in container‘ on the left side of the program interface.
- Click ‘Scan Now‘ button.
- Select one of the toolbar/plug-in in the list (anyone is OK), and then click ‘Clean‘ button.
- Click ‘Yes’ in the pop-up message.
Congratulations! Now you have completely removed Yet Another Cleaner and Search.Yac.mx from your computer!